Series of upcoming trips in Nov and Dec

Discussion in 'Travelogues from South India' started by Accidental Rider, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Accidental Rider

Accidental Rider Wake up - Ride - Explore

Greetings !!!

Holiday season is approaching (at least for those who work for western world clients), Less work, more time and many opportunities to travel.

15th Nov - 18th Nov: One of our rider friend is getting married that too in Azhapuzha, Should I say more ? 3 of us starting from Bangalore in car

23rd Nov - 26th Nov: Its a long pending trip to my native (Attur, Salem district) which is at the foot hills of Kalvarayan (Kalrayan) range of Eastern Ghats and explore over the mountains. More crowd this time, 8 adults and 3 kids on 2 bikes and a car

Last week of December: Usual year end trip, dates are not confirmed yet, will be on Bike with my wife to Wayanad for 3 to 4 days

I will write a separate log for each trip. Felt too excited and decided to share the Joy with all of you !!!

Yogesh Sarkar likes this.
  2. skysat2005

skysat2005 Super User

Wonderful, All the best and enjoy the journies,
    Cheers...

Accidental Rider likes this.
  3. Kiran Mathew

Kiran Mathew New Member

Dear Sir,

Our plan is to take the Salem - Attur - Uludurpet road to reach Vedanthangal by 6 am. We will start at midnight from Perundurai, reach Attur by 2:30 am and continue towards Ulundurpet after a 15 minutes break. Do you know whether this road is safe for night travel? I hear that this route has deteriorated over the years. What are the precaution we need to take while travelling on this route.

We would also like to know whether the Chennai highway stretches both before and after Salem are safe for night travel. The stops we have planned during this night trip on this way back are (1) near Perundurai Police Station (4:00 am) and by Thoppur Police Station (2:00 am). We have heard from an unsubstantiated youtube post that there has been a mugging incident 500 mtrs away from Raddison Blu hotel in Salem.

Thanks,

kiran

4. Accidental Rider

@Kiran Mathew...Whatever the roads you have mentioned are very safe for night rides...Still I will provide some precautionary information that u can take a note of..

Throughout your Journey : Do not stop at open places, Take a break at some roadside shops or at the toll gates. Yes, true. There was a robbery incident near Raddison few months back.

Salem - Ulundurpet : All the roads that bypasses the towns are single lanes and again connect to four lanes. Be very careful about the oncoming vehicles (Lot of mad drivers who maintains same 4 lane speed)

The roads are in very good condition, nothing to worry. Let me know if you need more information. All the best for your Journey.

Kiran Mathew likes this.
  5. Kiran Mathew

Kiran Mathew New Member

In December, 2017 we had done a night trip from Kochi to Bangalore and it had been uneventful. That is why we had planned this December, 2018 night trip. Then came this disturbing youtube video. And after being worried sick for many weeks, I finally feel relieved by your reassuring words and advice. I shall take all the precautions you have suggested. If Vedanthangal remains closed, we may now confidently take the Chennai Highway to Kanchipuram.

6. Kiran Mathew

Kiran Mathew New Member

Another safe practice for night trips is to chase a pilot vehicle at a safe distance. What do you think of it? I have never tried this.

7. Accidental Rider

I agree with you...This is most apt on the roads with 2 way traffic.

Kiran Mathew likes this.
  8. Kiran Mathew

Kiran Mathew New Member

Then I shall be trying this out as well. Thanks again buddy.

9. Accidental Rider

@Kiran Mathew You are welcome...Let me know if you have any other queries...When are you planning to start your trip ?

10. Kiran Mathew

Kiran Mathew New Member