Shillong, Mawlynnong, Wahthyllong, Cherrapunjee and more - Meghalaya in the monsoon.

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: Shillong, Mawlynnong, Wahthyllong, Cherrapunjee and more - Meghalaya in the monso

Your Photo Log is very Good................:grin::grin:
It covers many aspects of the area..............:grin::grin:
Thank you, AdS! This is but a small sample of what Meghalaya has to offer! :)

.... I hope you can understand the energies flowing in a growing boy... and that too in the golden period of Assam & other NE states.... devoid of any protests/etc.
Clearly some of those energies have stayed with you over the years! :grin:

Didn't you guys visited Kamakhya Temple while being in Guwahati?! :eek:
I chose not to visit, as did my daughters! We stayed home while my wife went to pay her regards; but came back none too impressed with what she saw!
And we were like, "We told you!!".
Sadly, it is one irritating mess! :(

And this is where the Arunachal Pradesh travelogue is: http://www.bcmtouring.com/forum/travelogues-east-north-east-india-f64/tryst-tawang-arunachal-pradesh-t44640/

vaivhav

Re: Shillong, Mawlynnong, Wahthyllong, Cherrapunjee and more - Meghalaya in the monso

Was a pleasure to see the photographs of Mawlynnong and of the monsoon in Meghalaya. I was there for a few days in Mawlynnong in June, and it was a blissful trip - stayed in the smaller tree house and spent a lot of time up the sky view. Also, the big tree house that has been built for accommodation got destroyed in a thunderstorm last month.

There are many other places near Mawlynnong too which are worth a visit. Maybe next time you visit, I can tell you of a few places.

Nice log Sir...

Awesome log Sir. I was transported to north-east for sometime and now feel a little bad to be back to the same place as log came to an end. Wonderful. thanks for sharing.

Indizen

Awesome images, Anup G.

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member

Was a pleasure to see the photographs of Mawlynnong and of the monsoon in Meghalaya.
There are many other places near Mawlynnong too which are worth a visit. Maybe next time you visit, I can tell you of a few places.

Nice log Sir...
Thank you, Vaivhav! :)
The next time I get there, I better be at a higher fitness level! That climb up from the living root bridge had me truly winded! :grin:

Awesome log Sir. I was transported to north-east for sometime and now feel a little bad to be back to the same place as log came to an end. Wonderful. thanks for sharing.
Awesome images, Anup G.
Thank you, Rupinder Kaur and Indizen! Thanks for visiting. :)

Vipin Singh Rawat

I am still going through this thread and enjoying it, I wish if it could have been a book which I can always carry.

Vipin Singh Rawat

Okay so, finally I have finished reading it. I felt like I am travelling with you and your family and also enjoying all the food that you had there. Cruise looked so cool but I guess songs turned it off for you. It was a great coverage, I do not even feel a need of going there now, you've already taken us for the virtual tour. TFS!

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member

Thank you, Vipin, for your appreciation!
However this remains just a touristy log. :)
What you've been showing us is utterly unique! Almost an education! Heck, yes, most of us are that ignorant.... :eek:

Scorpion King

Wow Mathur Saab, just stumbled on this today, will go through once I am on land and can see the pics. Seems like a wonderful thread.

Edit:
Just went thru using the cellphone. Dying to see the pics now. Or should I say living to see them. This is the third northeast thread I have gone through without seeing the pics.

Last edited: