Short Trip to mussoorie (Once Again) - 02/06/18 - 03/06/18

Discussion in 'Travelogues from North India' started by jammbuster, Jun 8, 2018.

1. jammbuster

jammbuster A Rebel, in pursuit of a memorable life ...

So Delhi is getting hot day by day , we are tired of being living robotic life , we decided to move towards hills to get some life back....

Since i am accompany by my sister’s family which includes children also, I had first suggested the place Lansdowne / Chail ( to avoid crowd) , but what we adults can do, when my two nieces decided to go to mussoorie , also my brother in law , kind of struck only to this place.. i don’t know why.

As our group consisting of 8 family members, I try to first check hotels in Lansdowne. As I am new to this place I want to be dead sure about hotel and other surrounding. I tried my level best but I failed as I never got some concrete answer.

As travelling date is getting closer, my family almost locked on Mussorie, as hotel in shimla are at huge price difference.

So, finally we decided to move to Mussorie on 2nd June as early as possible, I know we shall face traffic somewhere.

Before moving ahead I want to tell you ( you may say I am cautious or very well planned person when I had to move with my family ) . I am not that person who booked hotel on the spot ( physical verification). I am that person who always want to plan my trip in advance so that it went smooth.

Getting leave from office is such a horrible task, somehow i managed to take leave for 2nd june.

I did everything like packing & car ready to roll well in advance, but things never went as we planned .. specially when you are travelling in a group.

This is not the first time we are going to mussoorie for one night, we did this in past also due to some other personal reasons.

lets starts the story...

As we decided to move around 2am on 2nd june to avoid traffic , we late by 1 hour. We started our journey around 3am and google maps take us through new Eastern Peripheral Expressway roads without issue.

Without any stoppage we crossed meerut bypass, then muzaffarnagar butter smooth. We paid toll of Rs. 150 ( not remembered correctly).

We first encountered traffic jam near roorkee , we took left turn from the roundabout and move towards Dehradun.

As we were travelling nonstop since last more than 3 hours we took brake near to this beautiful place.

DSCF0077.JPG

DSCF0080.JPG

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  2. Desert Hunter

Desert Hunter Super User

Chal kaka ....... agge chal !!!!

One Day Trip ???

Kabaddi kee tarah - Haath laga ke waapis bhaago

adsatinder likes this.
  3. jammbuster

Private job mein yahi rona

Sent from my Redmi 5A using Tapatalk

adsatinder and Desert Hunter like this.
  4. jammbuster

After much need break at nathu, Dehradun...

We move towards Mussoorie... We can see lots of up, hr, dl numbers four wheeler.. and we quickly realise it was not a great weekend...

Sent from my Redmi 5A using Tapatalk

20180602_090637.jpg

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  5. adsatinder

adsatinder I am SATINDER at Delhi

Great Voters !
    Great Moves !

Great Jams !
    To be encountered !
    LOL !

6. jammbuster

So.. on the way we took halt here to click some beautiful photos...

DSCF0083.JPG

DSCF0084.JPG

DSCF0090.JPG

bali amit, adsatinder and sat kmr like this.
  7. jammbuster

There are two different ways to get entry for mall road of Mussoorie... One from library chowk and another one is from bus stand (where you will encounter huge tall Shiv Mandir Murti on the road..

The entry ticket on mall road is Rs. 150/-.. this ticket is valid only for one entry..if u exit the mall road then you have to pay again for entry... Also there is no entry for four wheelers from 4pm to 8pm on mall road

Due to our bad navigation we took library chowk side entrance... Soon we faced huge line of cars and busses..

traffic jam 1.jpg

traffic jam 2.jpg

traffic jam 3.jpg

adsatinder and sat kmr like this.
  8. jammbuster

And misery continue , due to small roads on mall below types congestion is common....

traffic jam 4.jpg

traffic jam 5.jpg

traffic jam 6.jpg

traffic jam 7.jpg

adsatinder and sat kmr like this.
  9. jammbuster

We first hotel charlen.. (same hotel we booked earlier) .. due to weekend the same rooms he is now charging 6500/- which we previously got at around ₹ 2000/-...

My brother in law searched for hotels while others waiting around the car..

The cool breeze was just awesome...
    Our members specially females and children are tired now...

Soon after much awaited 30min we got room in hotel Everest around 11.30am.. its located just behind Green restaurant (famous pakode wala)...

This hotel was okies types... From entrance it's looks like sarai...

We got double bedroom in ₹2000/-... Views from hotel below...

After much needed rest we walked to the restaurant (Agarwal) We had different types of stuffed paranthas. And we ate like we are hungry for one week... After finishing up.. we moved towards ropeway which will take you to GUNHILL.. and we planned to see company bagh too..

DSCF0093.JPG

DSCF0094.JPG

10. jammbuster

After much needed rest we walked to the restaurant (Agarwal) We had different types of stuffed paranthas. And we ate like we are hungry for one week... After finishing up.. we moved towards ropeway which will take you to GUNHILL.. and we planned to see company bagh too..

Ropeway ticket is ₹125 per person in which you have to board the cab as per your allotted numbers.. else you have to depend some other groups mercy. You can spend as much time u want on Gunhill, there is no time limit to return.

Our turn was around 5pm .. and it was hardly 3.30pm.. we decided to visit company garden which is hardly 2km from library chowk...

As our tummy are full with yummy lunch and desserts.. we decided to take a walk (which was like half hour) .. but soon we reached chowk it was mad rush towards kempty fall road.. (company bagh is on the same road)... Car rental for small car starts from 2500/- .. i suggest if you own car ..go by yourself...

Anyway .. we again take walk towards ropway as it is now 4.40pm... we got our turn within 5 min and our cab moved towards gun hill...

Let me tell you points like gunhill, laltibba is only famous from sightseeing or view point... These are having lots of eating joints and telescope person who will show you different view points.

We spent almost 2 hrs and came back to mall road...

We had pakode as evening snacks and spent some time on the mall road..

VIEW FROM GUN HILL

DSCF0099.JPG

DSCF0100.JPG

DSCF0101.JPG

DSCF0102.JPG

DSCF0104.JPG

20180602_180213.jpg

20180602_180218.jpg

20180602_183057.jpg

20180602_183101.jpg