Short Trip to mussoorie (Once Again) - 02/06/18 - 03/06/18

viveksheelsingh

B
I'm from Dehradun, and back in the 90s we used to bunk school and go to mussourie, on our hero puch(s). I don't remember having come across > 5-10 cars on any of our trips, and when at mussourie, we used to have the entire place to ourselves - and a few other gentle folks from around. When at mussourie, we used to have some snacks, beer and used to just lay around in the sun and enjoy the wind and walkmans.

And just after ~1 km from the clock tower in Dehradun, rajpur road also used to be completely deserted, with only and only litchi orchards on both sides of the road.

Compare that experience to the current one. I feel so sorry for the place :(
But I also feel exclusive (in a manner) to even have memories of that experience :)

jammbuster

A Rebel, in pursuit of a memorable life ...
I'm from Dehradun, and back in the 90s we used to bunk school and go to mussourie, on our hero puch(s). I don't remember having come across > 5-10 cars on any of our trips, and when at mussourie, we used to have the entire place to ourselves - and a few other gentle folks from around. When at mussourie, we used to have some snacks, beer and used to just lay around in the sun and enjoy the wind and walkmans.

And just after ~1 km from the clock tower in Dehradun, rajpur road also used to be completely deserted, with only and only litchi orchards on both sides of the road.

commercialization sucks this place

jammbuster

Year : 1985

I took my Wife to Deyhradun from New Delhi on ..... Chetak ..
Telling her ... Bus Teen ghante mein pahunch jaayenge (what a bluff)

Stayed at Dehradun and used to ride to Mussoorie daily while normally people took shared Ambassador Taxi
This place losses its charm now.. frankly speaking its become Paharganj area .. i shall never visit this place as per my own will

adsatinder

explorer

This type of development is in every city of India and other places too.

jammbuster

Chail , Lansdowne and similar area still far from these madness.. but still such places are not on first ppls list

Sent from my Redmi 5A using Tapatalk

viveksheelsingh

Year : 1985

I took my Wife to Deyhradun from New Delhi on ..... Chetak ..
Telling her ... Bus Teen ghante mein pahunch jaayenge (what a bluff)

Stayed at Dehradun and used to ride to Mussoorie daily while normally people took shared Ambassador Taxi
Heheee.. sir where did you stay in Dehradun ? The earliest memories I have are from 1986.. They are quite vivid and lovely. I often slip into those and gives me such nostalgia of Dehradun and mussourie !