Should we switch from WhatsApp to Telegram?

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Over the next few months, Facebook (parent company of WhatsApp) is planning to introduce advertisements to WhatsApp and might just put more checks and controls on the groups. Hence I have been contemplating about switching our WhatsApp Group to Telegram App.

If and when this switch happens, it would be gradual.

However, before that, I would love to get your view on this matter and based on those inputs, we would take a decision.

Suneesh Sharma

Love my Iron Beast
Over the next few months, Facebook (parent company of WhatsApp) is planning to introduce advertisements to WhatsApp and might just put more checks and controls on the groups. Hence I have been contemplating about switching our WhatsApp Group to Telegram App.

However, before that, I would love to get your view on this matter and based on those inputs, we would take a decision.
Makes sense to me ....I am in

usdoc

IMO we should wait till WA actually introduces such unwanted stuff for the only reason that most of us would have various active groups on WA and it might not be convenient for everyone to manage two separate apps that cater to same purpose.

adsatinder

explorer
I am loving Telegram !

Who ever understands its features, will like to have this app.
My Whatsapp is overloaded.
I want to switch for a good change.
Telegram is next best app available.

Last edited:

adsatinder

explorer
switching our WhatsApp Group to Telegram App.
Many are not interested in this telegram app because they do not want to install this another app till they graduate.
Many Other groups experimented with this but no one is much active on this another app.
It may take few years or more to switch for people to understand this.

Last edited:

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
IMO we should wait till WA actually introduces such unwanted stuff for the only reason that most of us would have various active groups on WA and it might not be convenient for everyone to manage two separate apps that cater to same purpose.
If any switch happens, it would be gradual with the group running on both the apps for at least a couple of months to help transition people to a new app. In such a scenario, waiting for the unwanted stuff to first appear would be counterproductive.

Having said that, we initially started on WhatsApp rather than Telegram or Hike because it was convenient. Interestingly though, 70% of my contacts on WhatsApp are also there on Telegram.

Many are not interested in this telegram app because they do not want to install this another app till they graduate.
Many Other groups experimented with this but no one is much active on this another app.
It may take few years or more to switch for people to understand this.
True. That is the reason I am looking for feedback from members. At the end of the day, WhatsApp group exists solely because members wanted it. Though if WhatsApp starts annoying people, switching to another app would be faster.

gkapoor

Super User
Not in favor of switching to other app as of now. If WA ads become too much nuisance we may think of switching gradually then.
Im sure ads will not be so much of a problem that people will stop using WA. We all use many other apps as well as websites with ads.