Shrikhand Mahadev Trek

rishi

Thanx for all the info friends....it's really encouraging.

As you guys mentioned that after 25th July, trek is open but trekker need to arrange camping, cooking n other stuff himself. Sevadal will remove their facilities after yatra dates (25th Juky). That's what I also found on different blogs.

I can extend my days scheduled for trek. Now, my worry is that rather than bargaining with locals, is it possible to make "pre-arrangements" as it will lessen few uncertainties & hazels. So, I am pointing out my doubts again.

1) Total cost including guide, camping, food stuff etc (I am travelling alone....know I will find lot of ppl en route..but for safer side....better to hv a guide).
2) Any contacts/ phone no's.
3) Any special info on which route to go....better to follow/ less crowded/ full of nature/ very risky..not to follow.

Plz provide your feedback's. They are like 1st confident step I am taking towards Srikhand Mahadev Peak.

Rakesh123

Rakesh
I once again quote here that you can go on searching on the internet. Cant you prepone your dates i.e. between 15-24 July, 2010, it would be better as you can find many other people and camps/food/doctors arranged by Shrikhand Sevadal. I also want to go in August but keeping in mind that Shrikhand Sevadal is organizing the pilgrimage between 15-24 July only I prepared my plan accordingly. I am also going alone as some of my friend refused to go with me keeping in view the tough trek of the pilgrimage.

sandeep9868

Sirfira Trekker
Friends, the best time is no doubt 16-24 when you can avail every facility on the route. After that you can have very few tents left at Thadachu, Bhimdwari & at parvati bagh, where you can find food and shelter at nominal rates.

Hire a guide cum porter (charge you Rs250-300 per day) only as you can find lots of people along the route but they are much faster than your imagination so most of the time you are your own and thus a companion is must.

Enjoy the nature...bham bhole!!

hiambuj

Staff member
Rishi, welcome to BCMT !! Where are you located ?

See for such routes, one person who can serve as your guide/cook/porter is enough, which should in no case cost you more than 350 a day. When you reach the base, you'll find plenty of local villagers who are porters/cooks & its better to negotiate there !!

For accommodation(tents) & trekking gear, you can always hire from you city !!

rishi

hiambuj....I am presently in bang....coming home (haryana) in last week of july....so planning for this trek....actually I wanted to do this trek last year but couldn't succeed...dis time don wanna loose the opportunity.

sandeep9868

Sirfira Trekker
rishi in my opinion there is no need to carry sleeping bag and other stuff as u can find many local shops along the route...unless u want to stay near shrikhand peak or some odd place. go freely and enjoy

sandeep9868

Sirfira Trekker
FYI, i'm re-posting this.

Friends, the best time is no doubt 16-24 when you can avail every facility on the route. After that (after 24th July) you can have very few tents left at Thadachu, Bhimdwari & at parvati bagh, where you can find food and shelter at nominal rates.