Silhouettes

oriole12

Nature Lover
Gurudutt, please do not mind my interjection.
There are two symmetrical buildings at the far end of the Taj Mahal Complex. One set against the Easter wall and te other against the Western wall. They are mirror images of each other. The one in the West side is the Mosque. Since the blind wall against the entry arches / gate of a mosque has to face the West that is towards Mecca, the building on the West side only can be a mosque. The other building faces East and therefore cannot be a mosque. In fact the Eastern mirror image building is called Jawab, meaning a simple architectural requirement to fulfil the requirements of symmetry. The two difference between the Western building and the eastern are 1. There is no Mehraab facing Mecca in the Eastern building.' and 2. The floor of the Eastern building has geographic patterns inlayed into it, while the mosque on the West has designs of 569 prayer rugs carved out in granite. There are instances of the Jawab building being used occasionally as a guest house during urs, etc.

gd1418

Saying so you embarrass me Sir. You have every right to do so.

Gurudutt, please do not mind my interjection.
You are right. Both the buildings are mirror images in architecture and I got confused on which one was the mosque. Thank you for pointing it out.

There are two symmetrical buildings at the far end of the Taj Mahal Complex. One set against the Easter wall and te other against the Western wall. They are mirror images of each other. The one in the West side is the Mosque. Since the blind wall against the entry arches / gate of a mosque has to face the West that is towards Mecca, the building on the West side only can be a mosque. The other building faces East and therefore cannot be a mosque. In fact the Eastern mirror image building is called Jawab, meaning a simple architectural requirement to fulfil the requirements of symmetry. The two difference between the Western building and the eastern are 1. There is no Mehraab facing Mecca in the Eastern building.' and 2. The floor of the Eastern building has geographic patterns inlayed into it, while the mosque on the West has designs of 569 prayer rugs carved out in granite. There are instances of the Jawab building being used occasionally as a guest house during urs, etc.