nndp87

D8 / 26th January 2018 / Friday

Good Morning, this is where we stayed
WR51.jpg

WR52.jpg

WR53.jpg

So finally nearing the end of the trip. Today's plan was to visit Kalo Dungar and thereafter start back riding towards Home. Since we were staying in Tents, we were awake quite early, after breakfast we quickly made our way back to White Rann and thereafter Kalo Dungar. It was one hour's drive, one is supposed to take right from Khavda and thereafter an uphill drive will take you to Kalo Dungar. Kalo Dungar is the highest point in the Kutch Region. From the top you will get panoramic view of Greater Rann of Kutch, also, on a clear day, you can see, India Bridge from the top. There is Dattatrey Temple, just before entrance of the temple.

Kalo Dungar: Kalo Dungar also known as Black Hill, is located near Khavda Village, From Kalo Dungar one can get Panoramic View of Greater Rann of Kutch. It also has Dattatrey Temple and the story goes like this Lord Dattatreya walked on the earth, he stopped at the Black Hills and found a band of starving jackals. Being a god, he offered them his body to eat and as they ate, his body continually regenerated itself. Because of this, for the last four centuries, the priest at the temple has prepared a batch of prasad, cooked rice, that is fed to the jackals after the evening aarti.

So it was time to say goodbye to wonderful Kutch, the drive from Kalo Dungar to Bhuj was super-fast through some fantastic roads. In no time we crossed Bhuj and were moving ahead towards Bhachau, the roads are fabulous, within in an hour's time we were on 4 laned highway going towards Samkhiyali. Samkhiyali is the junction where road bifurcates, if you want to go up north, then take left from Samkhiyali towards Radhanpur and if you want to go down south, then take right from Samkhiyali towards Maliya. At Maliya, road again bifurcates, if you want to go down south via Ahmedabad, then take left from Maliya towards Halvad / Dhrangadhra, if you want to go towards Saurashtra, then take right from Maliya from Maliya, one is supposed to take right towards Morbi / Wankaner, if you want to touch Saurashtra. After quick lunch at Maliya, we were on the way towards Morbi. We haven't completed yet, there are still few more places to visit en-route, quickly passing by tiles hub of Morbi, then Wankaner and finally touching Rajkot - Ahmedabad Highway. Chotila Chamunda Mata Temple was our next destination, so by 4 PM we were at Chotila Temple.

Chotila Temple is located uphill with some 600 steps to climb. So we start climbing and in 40 minutes made it to the top. After Darshan at the temple, we started our return journey back towards the base. By 5.30 we were ready to move to our final destination for the day.

Chotila Temple: Chotila is Temple located on Hill Top on Rajkot – Ahmedabad Highway, one is supposed to climb 600 steps to reach the temple, it roughly takes 45 minutes to 1 Hour but the climb is quite steep. In the temple the two main idols are of 2 goddess sisters sitting together- Chandi and Chamunda. The idols are beautiful and give a satisfactory feeling after one reaches the top

Our last destination for the day was Sarangpur. So we started driving on the Rajkot - Ahmedabad Highway towards Sayala Chowkdi, from there on one is supposed to take right towards Botad. Around 8 PM we made it to Sarangpur. At Sarangpur, the temple's trust provides accommodation (Basic as well as Luxurious) at very reasonable rates, so we opted to stay at temple's accommodation.

Sarangpur Temple: Lord Hanuman’s temple located in Botad District of Gujarat. The idol of Lord Hanuman is the most unique and worth watching in this temple.

Accommodation: Sarangpur Temple
GMaps Link for Today: Surkhaab White Rann Resort to Sarangpur

Toran Resort
Y1.JPG

Kutch Nahi Dekha Toh Kuch Nahi Dekha
YR2.jpg

Y3.JPG

The view from the top
YR4.jpg

Folks playing local traditional music
YR5.jpg

The Greater Rann of Kutch
YR6A.jpg

Mandatory Click
YR7.jpg

Kalo Dungar
YR8.jpg

Entrance of Chotila Temple
YR30.jpg

The view from the top of temple
YR31.jpg

I think, he is the happiest soul, no fear, no worry.
YR34.jpg

Goddess's Vehicle
YR32.jpg

Sarangpur Hanuman Temple
YR35.jpg

D9 / 27th January 2018 / Saturday

So finally today we will be reaching back home, but before that my mom wanted to visit one more temple, i.e. Swaminarayan Temple, near Vadtal. So after darshan at Hanuman Temple, we moved towards Vadtal. The route to Vadtal goes through densely populated area of Gujarat, so finally after 3 hours, we made it to Vadtal Temple, quick darshan and we joined Old Baroda Ahmedabad Highway, surprisingly it's super smooth but there were too many tolls enroute, In next one hour we touched Baroda and were back on our usual road going towards Mumbai. There is nothing much to write about the drive from Baroda to Mumbai.

Vadtal Temple
ZR37.jpg

So guys, I hope you all have liked the TLog. Please feel free to ask any queries about the trip. I would be glad to help you. You can email me at [email protected]. Thanks to my parents and wife for accompanying me, thanks to H. V. Kumar for helping me on LROK routes and thank you all for viewing the TLog.