Snowfall chances in Shimla in Feb/Mar 2022

karun0035

Hi,

What will be the chances of Snowfall in Shimla during February 2022 or March 2022?

I want to see some snowfall in HP during this time.

If there are negligible chances in Shimla, please suggest some other place (drivable) in HP.

amitjatt

I would suggest manali more as compared to shimla because if you dont get snow in shimla you would have to move to spiti valley atleast but from manali, just cross the tunnel and lahaul awaits you with snow, less effort is required.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

karun0035

I would suggest manali more as compared to shimla because if you dont get snow in shimla you would have to move to spiti valley atleast but from manali, just cross the tunnel and lahaul awaits you with snow, less effort is required.

Shimla is my first choice since I want to travel via toy train. If Manali, then it's altogether a different decision.

You have to keep eye on weather report.
Even weather reports fail !
LOL !

Till now we are experiencing snowfall in almost every week or 2 weeks.
Expecting same is difficult.
Nature has it's own way to go.

amitjatt

It depends sir on your priorities snow vs toy train? Shimla can never guarantee snow, presently its snowing in himachal.

Move now for snowfall at Shimla or nearby.

1641741195355.png

Tomorrow / Monday is last day for snowfall in Himalayas.
Then wait for next week for day/ date of snowfall.

There are plenty of places between Shimla and Spiti.

Places like Kufri/Narkanda/Baghi/Ratnari are as much likely to receive snowfall as does any place in Kullu/Lahaul.

Manali is still better place as it is North of Shimla and between high hills.

Manali has more snowfall than Shimla.

Can see old data anytime in weather websites.

Last edited:

dichkaun

The higher you go, more are chances of getting snowfall.
That said, weather is moody.
This year looks like lots of snow in Dec/Jan. No guarantee it'll stay like this fin Feb/Mar.