Solo bike tour from Pune-Jammu-Kargil-Leh-Chardham-Manh more and back on cd100

anilda.wanderer

Hello Everybody here,

I am anilda, have just become a member. I was searching 'solo bike Leh' and landed here. I saw 'thumperbigboy' thread and decided to post in this new thread.

I am just 62 years old and my Hero Honda CD100SS is just 16. This is my lifetime dream and I am going to attempt it. I was preparing for last 2 months and still in the process. It is hell of a job and the luggage items are increasing day by day. Every thing from boots to tent seems necessary and don't know what to drop. The special thing I will be carrying is my new GPSMAP62SC. I am addicted to biking and gps. I have no plans, no goals (Just Khardungala Pass), no destination Just Wandering in the Himalays.

I have no time left (may be a week or so, no date has been fixed yet), not yet decided on which route to follow (Gujarat-Rajasthan OR MP-UP-Agra Road). I don't know how many kilometers I will be going daily (Max 500km I have done) or where I will be halting and staying.

I may probably might not be able to visit this site often since I am busy preparing and then gone. So please if you want to share anything I am waiting and you can send me emails which will be a better option.

"DESTINATION IS JUST AN EXCUSE, THE REAL FUN IS IN THE JOURNEY ITSELF !" ........osho

"COWARDS NEVER STARTED.
WEAK DIED ON THE WAY.
ONLY STRONG ARRIVED, THEY WERE THE PIONEERS !"...........who said it, I don't know. But this awakened me.

And now that I have everything I wanted and asked for ( about Rs 60,000 of purchase, including bike repairs ) and that I was telling everybody that I am going on a such and such trip (raised eyebrows). The day has come, everybody is watching and now I am dumb; I have no option, just load the bags quietly and go. Now I am at the point of no return, what have I done :)

Wish me a good luck and don't laugh, you know what I mean, at least I expect encouragement form you bikers and not those mischievous looks. And yes I have new (again) PALM PRE 2 mobile and I am putting 3G sim of BSNL post paid card in it. If it works then may be I will be on the net occasionally/often (don't know).

OK fellows I am go.........ing (not yet gone, give me a week atleast).

Greetings from a wanderer,

anilda.wanderer

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Re: Solo bike tour from pune-jammu-kargil-leh-char dham-manh more and back on cd100

All the best and have fun, if you get a chance to update this thread while traveling, please do, we all would love to hear from you :).

Oh yes, in case you need any help, please do let us know.

piyush0401

Re: Solo bike tour from pune-jammu-kargil-leh-char dham-manh more and back on cd100

Wishing you good luck Anilda...May your all dreams come true, but don't forgot to post here your experiences. :)

ToughGuy

Welcome here, my best wishes are with you.

arindamdas

Go for it, anilda. All the best.

bijania

DB TheRover

Best Wishes....... Enjoy and ROCKKK..!!

Jacksparrow

Rajdeep Singh ( Priest On Wheels )

my best wishes for you.

deepaktomar

welcome to bcmt anilda,ride safe and enjoy the beautiful himalayas and dont put so much burden on urself so take enough breaks in between ur ride.

shakeel

You must go.....All the best.......
you have proven a very good quotation....
"Dont think how many moments r there in life, think how much life is there in every moments..................
Hope ...one day i will meet you in our common journey.....
Shakeel