Solo Drive To The Seven Sisters - A North East Travelogue

Secretariat

Stunning, absolutely stunning. It doesn't getting any better than this. Three cheers my friend.

This is how you should be exploring the seven sisters. Saving the details for my turn to do this :p

Thanks for the details
Thanks very much. Coming from such a seasoned traveller, this is very high praise. Wishing you a great time when you go to those parts.

Enginehead

Meditating on Wheels...
Absolutely riveting travelogue Secretariat!! My hat's off to you for putting in effort of writing such stunningly detailed guidebook on NE travel. I have personally been contemplating to do this with my family since last couple of years but unable to make up my mind since so many hearsay stories. I think the time has come now...

Thanks so much for these amazing details & creating an epic for a whole lot of aspirants to look upto :prayer::prayer::prayer:

Secretariat

Absolutely riveting travelogue Secretariat!! My hat's off to you for putting in effort of writing such stunningly detailed guidebook on NE travel. I have personally been contemplating to do this with my family since last couple of years but unable to make up my mind since so many hearsay stories. I think the time has come now...

Thanks so much for these amazing details & creating an epic for a whole lot of aspirants to look upto :prayer::prayer::prayer:
Wow , from a fellow driving enthusiast, this is a compliment I will treasure. Thanks very much.

Really worth doing a driving holiday in this region even if limited to 2 or 3 states. This is a beautiful place, not overrun with tourists, and with very warm people. Roads have improved, especially in Manipur, Mizoram and Meghalaya. For us folks from Bangalore, the Bhagalpur stretch and crossing the Ganga remains a nightmare which doesn't look like going away for a long time, alas.

Such well written travelogues inspire "toddler" traveller like me to explore these regions.Is it ok for a group of female and aged{read between 50-60} travellers ?

Secretariat

Such well written travelogues inspire "toddler" traveller like me to explore these regions.Is it ok for a group of female and aged{read between 50-60} travellers ?
Thanks very much. Oh yes, its perfectly safe in general for lady travelers, even traveling solo. You have to be watchful of local disturbances at the time of travel - they are more in the nature of inconvenience due to bandhs and strikes rather than any danger of safety to a traveler. Usual sensible precautions that would be taken anywhere - not being too adventurous in the night, sticking to known places for accommodation, not sporting conspicuous jewellery etc is all that is required. Manipur is restive at the moment, but the other states are absolutely fine.

Thanks very much. Oh yes, its perfectly safe in general for lady travelers, even traveling solo. You have to be watchful of local disturbances at the time of travel - they are more in the nature of inconvenience due to bandhs and strikes rather than any danger of safety to a traveler. Usual sensible precautions that would be taken anywhere - not being too adventurous in the night, sticking to known places for accommodation, not sporting conspicuous jewellery etc is all that is required. Manipur is restive at the moment, but the other states are absolutely fine.