Solo Drive To The Seven Sisters - A North East Travelogue

Anirvis

Hi Secretariat,

Thank you for such a beautiful and detailed description of the 7 sisters. I am planing to go visit all the 7 sisters this FEB'17 Solo.... I have had many inhibitions in doing so as i only heard of the disturbances there and your journal really helped. But would really love to know if anyone in here has taken the local transport to cover all the 7 sisters, as that is what i plan on doing.

Any help at all will be very useful and valued.

Thank you,
anirvis

sanuroxz

Super User
Hi Secretariat,

Thank you for such a beautiful and detailed description of the 7 sisters. I am planing to go visit all the 7 sisters this FEB'17 Solo.... I have had many inhibitions in doing so as i only heard of the disturbances there and your journal really helped. But would really love to know if anyone in here has taken the local transport to cover all the 7 sisters, as that is what i plan on doing.

Any help at all will be very useful and valued.

Thank you,
anirvis
I have explored most of the remote places using Public transport.. also shared so many TLs here.. you can have a look also if you have any question i can help you out.

Rahul4640

Do drive to the North East. Its one of the most exhilarating of experiences.
Dear Secretariat, please let me congratulate you for you wonderful drive and sharing this wonderful travelogue with us. Will you please mention what route shall I take to visit Tripura, from Siliguri? What may be the road condition? Is the road condition good throughout? Thanks and regards.

AdamantJay

Just back from a solo drive across all the seven North Eastern states. I was not a member of this Forum, but when I was planning this trip, I gathered a huge amount of information from travelogues here. I now owe it to you guys and gals to contribute my two penny bit. Very special thanks to Mithun123, English August, Sanuroxz, Kshil and so many others who have contributed to the richness of information here on North East India.

First the teaser. Identify the places in these two photos. And then answer the question !

Photos first.

Now the second one

And the question ?

Where is Barhi ??

Easy peesy for the gurus here. If not, read the travelogue to find out :)
Barhi is in Jharkhand. BTW amazing traveling. I had traveled from Delhi to Bhagalpur thrice. Once it was Google Baba which suggested the best route via Barhi.

Last edited:

Secretariat

Dear Secretariat, please let me congratulate you for you wonderful drive and sharing this wonderful travelogue with us. Will you please mention what route shall I take to visit Tripura, from Siliguri? What may be the road condition? Is the road condition good throughout? Thanks and regards.
Responding one year after your query is simply not on (sorry, sorry !), but I haven't been visiting this Log for some time now. Even though its a horribly late response, I thought it best to respond if this might help somebody else who may also be contemplating the drive.

Route would be Siliguri-Guwahati-Shillong-Panchgram-Nilabazar-straight down the NH to Agartala

Road conditions

Siliguri -Guwahati : Fine
Guwahati-Shillong - Fine
Shillong down to Silchar-Karimganj highway - Fine
Panchgram - Tripura border - Don't know since I didn't drive on it, but expected to be mostly not good. Driveable but not good
Inside Tripura - Good roads everywhere

Its more than 1000 kms, so obviously a 2-3 day drive, given that some of it is hill country.