Sony Xperia X10 or Samsung Galaxy S

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
New iPhone 3G isnt available so checking it out is ruled out. Very difficult to trust a reseller.
I don't know about other towns... but here in Ahmedabad there is a store that exclusively sells iPhones from 2G to 4G. He has new phones as well as the so called new phones. Though he doesn't give any warranty, he assures of repairing any trouble.

BTW I bought my iPhone from him and its working fine. No issues so far.

akshay4384

THE LONE RIDER
I don't know about other towns... but here in Ahmedabad there is a store that exclusively sells iPhones from 2G to 4G. He has new phones as well as the so called new phones. Though he doesn't give any warranty, he assures of repairing any trouble.

BTW I bought my iPhone from him and its working fine. No issues so far.
Did you purchase a new 3G?
i got a quote of 29K for a New 3G 8GB(not worth it IMHO).

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
Did you purchase a new 3G?
i got a quote of 29K for a New 3G 8GB(not worth it IMHO).
New 3G 8 GB is available for about 22k here. Less used ones are available for around 14k - 16k depending on the condition.

A relative purchased a new 3GS for 28k about 15 days back.

deejay

no longer active
A few things that I tried on the galaxy s so far:

1. Play Divx movies. No encoding required. Just copy to the phone and play.
2. Tested the 720p HD format. Again no encoding required. Just copy and play.
3. Connected to a media server and streaming movies from the comp to the phone. No copying, streaming.
4. Also tried the reversed of the above. Phone is the server and played movies on the TV via PS3.

All of the above on the stock firmware. And works flawlessly.

KonfuSed

Between these two phones (X10 and SGS), go for SGS with eyes closed. X10 is nowhere near that with it's current specs. Can't comment about long-term reliability though, only been using for a month plus.

deejay

no longer active
Anupji, how much is a long haul in today's scenario. I would be happy if this phone lasts me a couple of years. That's a lot more than my usual upgrade cycle.