Sour Tal trek

adsatinder

Plz Help Himabuj (Amit Tyagi) in Corona Fighting
Campsite visible below, steep descent

IMG_9032.JPG

[Picture credit: Jai]

Want more images of this side also as deep valley is visible here too.
Background is magical !

sayshh

Nice log.
Beautifully written.
Very good photographs.
All the best.
Thank you bhumti!

Great Grazing Cows !
Great Memories !
Great Captures !
Great Views !
Ghosts came later for party !
You lost the opportunity !
I went only for nature, scenery and mountains, not for ghosts. They don't bother me but glad I missed the opportunity. :-D

We want such images.
You are trying to hide all the views !
Show us videos if possible.
Post on youtube and post the url of the video here.
I am not trying to hide. :eek: After returning only I realized that I had clicked less photographs. Actually, not having electricity for 6 days made me little conservative. Also, my (DSLR from the age of dinosaurs) camera doesn't have video capability, so I recorded videos from my phone. It didn't produce good quality output, but it may give a better idea.

Thanks to you, its my first YouTube video as well! =D>

Want more images of this side also as deep valley is visible here too.
Background is magical !
The valley seems quite wide from this angle, I am in the middle with blue balaclava and yellow bag
SourTal549.jpg

[Picture credit: Sudhakar]

"Jai walking" - walking on opposite side while descending :razz:
IMG_9028.JPG

adsatinder

Great Top Views !
Great Video !

Put more if you can ask / arrange from others of summit or other snow views.

sayshh

Previously I had split the summit day into two posts. One for summit, and the other for descending to the camp. In this post I will combine two days' logs and up to the Prini base camp directly.

-= Longer post warning =-

Return journeys are always mundane compared to onward journeys. They always seem to end faster too. Especially when it comes to returning from a trek, once you’ve been to the summit the excitement and enthusiasm comes down along with us. :oops: Also, on this trek the ascent was on the mountainside facing the Beas valley with Pir Panjal range of mountains in clear view most of the time. We descended in a different direction, with terrain that was not having many open views - mostly pine forests and thick shrubbery.

Unfortunately, this also means that photographic opportunities as well as interest also were lesser than ever. :-(

28-05-2017: Malah (2190 m)

My sleep was broken when Jai came into the tent and called out for me. Time was 5:30 AM. Another night of good sleep! PT was planned after tea and everyone assembled in the open area. To continue the fun mode, we were made to do “Penguin” drill. :-D Not only did it give a splendid exercise to the body, it was equally hilarious to perform (and watch). Can anyone imagine asking for a repeat of PT? That’s exactly what happened! Hot breakfast was served soon after, followed by briefing.

View from Mahili Thach campsite, preparing to leave

IMG_9033.JPG

Today we had to descend from 3200 m to 2190 m. Losing more than 1000 m of altitude in a day. The trail entered pine and cedar forest. The slope was steep and descended continuously. We got some relief at the mid-way point, at the end of the forest. From here a clearing with a flat surface could be seen. As we moved forward, we could see a campsite set by another trekking group. It appeared that they were attempting the summit from this direction.

After crossing this campsite, the trail became very narrow and steep through dense shrubs. There were streams running close to the trail. Some areas of trail were wet as well, leading to minor slips and slides. Unintentionally, I had picked up a wooden stick in the cedar forest. It came handy to push away branches, and lend me support on slippery mud. We proceeded through this stretch slowly and very carefully. Emerging unscathed from this stretch, we reached Shangchar village. We regrouped here and rested for sometime. Now we were on much easier paved village pathways, combined with gentle gradient. In quick time we reached Malah campsite. Welcome drinks were served as usual.

Courtyards of village houses adorned by pretty flowers
IMG_9050.JPG

Evening activity was a game of kabaddi. The local camp caretakers, guides, and some enthusiastic members of our group participated. Unfortunately Dr. Srinivas got one of his toes injured in the game. Incidentally it was also Shruthi’s (wife of Dr. Srinivas) birthday, and a small celebration was announced. The camp caretakers were kind enough to bake a special cake for the occasion. It was a wonderful gesture. =D> After the cake cutting ceremony, more celebrations ensued. The mood in the camp was really jubilant. Sudhakar also arranged for some local brew, which many of us tried. =P~ Trek was not yet over, but this was the closest to completion. A group of people from the village gave us a local folk dance performance.

One (literally) bright aspect was that we had illumination here for the dining area. We had a “late” dinner by 8:30 PM. Jai and I kept roaming around in the campsite till about 10 PM before tucking in.

29-05-2017: Prini Base Camp (1950 m)

It is said that deep sleep accompanies loss of altitude. Descending from above 3000 m ASL, to around 2000 m ASL had the effect. I slept well through the night as usual, but others reported the same for a change. :razz: We were in a relaxed mood as today’s hike was relatively easier. Previous day’s descent of around 1000 m to Malah had taken a toll on Mr. Manjunath’s knees. He had difficulties even walking. A jeep was arranged to take Dr. Srinivas and Manjunath, back to base camp.

This was the final day of our trek, we started our hike after the usual servings of tea/coffee and breakfast. Path was a semi paved one as it connected the village to the road head. We stopped by a temple courtyard. From there a lane brought us to the road head on the Kullu – Manali road, we boarded a bus from here and alighted at Bhanu bridge.

Views at lower altitudes

IMG_9037.JPG

Bright flowers looking towards the Sun
IMG_9048 (2).JPG

Home stretch: only 45 minutes of steep ascent separated us from the end of the expedition. Moving at a casual pace we reached the entrance of the Base Camp. Khem Raj Thakur spotted us and congratulated us, other staff of base camp also joined in. We were allocated spacious tents (6-8 men) for the remainder of our stay. Mobile Electronic gadgets got a long overdue recharge. Other conveniences like hot water bathing, and personal grooming was nothing less than an achievement. Then everyone gathered in the dining tent for lunch. We returned the ponchos and wind cheaters. Debriefing was held at 3:00 PM, everyone shared their experience briefly while providing feedback for improvements.

This officially concluded the trekking expedition! =D>

We were free to spend the evening and next day (30-05-2017) as we wished, while being based at the base camp. We utilized this time for doing the touristy things. Till we returned home, there were several other side plans and activities. However that’s for another day.

Thanks to those who liked, commented, and managed to read up to this point!

adsatinder

Great Experiences !
Great Memories !
Great Descend !
Great Views !
Great Pics !
Great Trip !

adsatinder

Previously I had split the summit day into two posts. One for summit, and the other for descending to the camp. In this post I will combine two days' logs and up to the Prini base camp directly.

-= Longer post warning =-

Return journeys are always mundane compared to onward journeys. They always seem to end faster too. Especially when it comes to returning from a trek, once you’ve been to the summit the excitement and enthusiasm comes down along with us. :oops: Also, on this trek the ascent was on the mountainside facing the Beas valley with Pir Panjal range of mountains in clear view most of the time. We descended in a different direction, with terrain that was not having many open views - mostly pine forests and thick shrubbery.

Unfortunately, this also means that photographic opportunities as well as interest also were lesser than ever. :-(
Very Good use of Spoiler !

LOL !

This is the Spoiler I use :

Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good !

But you have iSpoiler :

Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good ! Very Good !

I was using earlier one only.

There may be other options too.
But You are Pro here !

Last edited:

sayshh

Great Experiences !
Great Memories !
Great Descend !
Great Views !
Great Pics !
Great Trip !
Thank you adsatinder ji.

Very Good use of Spoiler !

LOL !

This is the Spoiler I use :
:-D:-D:-D
Even I saw this option, but its easy to miss as it just looks like a small button. :p

I was using earlier one only.

There may be other options too.
But You are Pro here !
Pro is a big word... :eek: may be because this is my first post, I explored all available options. :cool: