Spiti again

amitjatt

Me and my 2 friends are planning to do a spiti trip again.

Itinerary

Day 1.
Shimla - tabo

Day 2.
Tabo - mudh village

Day 3.
Mudh - komic - hikkim - langza - kaza

Day 4.
Kaza - key - kibber - chicham - losar - chandratal.

Day 5
Chandratal - kalpa (till dusk wherever we can reach)

Day 6
Shimla

I dont know what to explore in mudh, phukchung, kaa as i want to explore pin valley in detail as mostly it is a touch and go phenomenon from tara homestay.

Also the road from kaza to key, kibber chicham, can i take the road which goes directly from chicham to around 10 kms before kiato on kaza - manali road?

Any inputs would be of great help.

Regards

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

fine69

Touring since 1985
This itinerary is just too rushed. You'd be covering really bad terrain on some days and there just won't be time to enjoy any place at all. I'd suggest to skip Chandratal and spend some time in Spiti, maybe include Dhankar & the small trek to Dhankar lake (people rarely go here but it rivals some of the best lakes in the Himalayas).

amitjatt

Roger that.
This itinerary is just too rushed. You'd be covering really bad terrain on some days and there just won't be time to enjoy any place at all. I'd suggest to skip Chandratal and spend some time in Spiti, maybe include Dhankar & the small trek to Dhankar lake (people rarely go here but it rivals some of the best lakes in the Himalayas).

amitjatt

Completed the trip.
One advice, never ever travel with a small car from batal to gramphoo and that too in rain.

amitjatt

Sir i can just thank that pickup driver who guided me in all these nallahs and the fortuner guy who helped me with tochan.
If its starts raining these nallahs go made and ferocious, the chatru to gramphoo ascent was bad too, due to the bonnet level water in the ditches.

amitjatt

The road from kaza to losar, now most of the taxi drivers prefer the route from kaza-key-kibber bypass-chicham-kiato.
It is metalled and different topography.