Spiti dzire fulfilled

avantika

Simply superb and one of the best travelogues
hi Shekhar.. THough i have not read the complete log.. but till now it is superb with all details..

Just one query form you as you were also a new hill driver.. How many steep turns you encountered on the way in this circuit?? th ereason i ask is that we are not able to maintain that steady momentum during turns on hills..

SHEKHAR 257

Be a Good person but Don't try to Prove.
Simply superb and one of the best travelogues
Thanks Natalya for watching.

hi Shekhar.. THough i have not read the complete log.. but till now it is superb with all details..

Just one query form you as you were also a new hill driver.. How many steep turns you encountered on the way in this circuit?? th ereason i ask is that we are not able to maintain that steady momentum during turns on hills..
Thanks Avantika.

How many steep turns? Well there were hundreds of them. You can't drive fast on such routes. Most steep turns were negotiated in 2nd or 1st gear. Maintaining average speed of 25-30 KMPH is good enough in hills I suppose.

san jalan

what an journey .......hats off to ladies who accompany you on this epic route .......my wife is so scared of mountains she dose not even want to go Masoorie......i have done 2 time this route on my bike and once stuck at Gramphoo for 2 days
(land slide)

csingh4183

He he. so you experienced adventure part of the journey as well.
Good to see you come out of the situation quickly.

I carry two jacks in my truck. You know when the tyre is flat the cylinder jack does not get inside properly (even with the GC of my Safari) to be fixed up as it requires a lot of vertical space. Ideal location to place jack (to my limited experience) is below the shocker joint so that with limited push ups the car goes up. If the jack is placed at other locations (like under body et.al) you need to lift the car a lot to release the shockers first and then the car's wheels actually lifts up. So, first I put the regular one to create space and then insert the cylinder jack for strength and support.
By the time the Sumo people came, I think you had already done the tricky job yourself and the right support came at right time.

Interesting to see another swift in front of your car, so you have a company now. Tyre size for swift and dzire would be the same I believe.
Hi Ladakh_Maniac,
What type of cylinder jack you use for your safari ? Can you post any picture or link. I am also looking for Bottle type jack for my Safari Storme (Spiti plan next month ) and not sure if regular jack will be useful.
Thanks in advance for your reply :)