Spiti - Heavens are always tough to reach

DevRider

NOMAD - STUBBORN - MYSTIC
Finally i got a chance to visit SPITI VALLEY after years of waiting....

Plan is finalized to start ride on 30 September-2017 (Dushehera). We are four bikers Me, Vikas, Satnam & Paras and cover Delhi-Shimla-Kaza-Manali-Delhi route in 9 days.

Summarized Information of Bike Trip:
Route: Delhi - Shimla - Narkanda - Rampur - Peo - Nako - Tabo - Dhanakar - Kaza - Kunzum Pass - Chandartaal - Batal - Rohtang Pass - Manali - Mandi - Kiratpur Sahob - Ambala - Delhi

Total Distance Covered: 1900 km
No. of Days: 9
No. of Bikes: 3

Itinerary
Day-1 Delhi - Shimla
Day-2 Shimla - Narkanda - Hatu Peak - Rampur
Day-3 Rampur - Reckong Peo
Day-4 Peo - Pooh- Nako - Tabo
Day-5 Tabo - Dhankar - Kaza
Day-6 Kaza - Kunzum Pass - Batal - Chandrataal
Day-7 Chandrataal - Batal - Rohtang Pass - Manali
Day-8 Manali - Mandi - Kiratpur Sahib
Day-9 Kiratpur Sahib - Ambala - Delhi

Few Teasers
Will complete blog soon!
DSCN4603.JPG

DSCN4829.JPG

#My RIDE

DSCN4759.JPG

#Chitkul

DSCN4689.JPG

#Satluj-River

DSCN4825.JPG

#Mountains

DSCN4743.JPG

#Kaza-Valley

DSCN4846.JPG

#Gold-dust

DSCN4899.JPG

#Dhankar-monestary #clicked-by-NIKON-b700

DSCN4949.JPG

#Kunzum-Pass-4250m

DSCN4967.JPG

#Chandrataal

So Folks lets start with Journey!

Day-1
Delhi to Narkanda (Actuallly Shimla :p)

So the day has finally arrived, we are ready to kick start out trip! We decided to assemble at Madhuban chowk near pitampura.

IMG_20170930_044658.jpg

We assemble at sharp 4:30 at start journey after praying to GOD. Thats me and Vikas....

IMG_20170930_075357.jpg

Whole Team clockwise order: Vikas, Paras, Me & Satnam!

Not much to write about day-1, as we spend most of time on plain road. Just one problem we face is Flat Tire in my bike. I had a flat tire before solan and i have to push bike for good 2 km in hills to find a Puncture Shop. It was too tiring.

After fixing it we land in SHIMLA after sunset, and to our suprise while shimla is celebrating DUSSHEHRA!

So we enjoy local market and crach land in guest house for rest at 10pm. T

Day-2
Shimla > Hatu Peak, Narkanda > Rampur Bushar
Second day we start early and leave shimla for Hatu Peak!
Road till narkanda are in pretty good shape and one can touch 90km on bike smoothly. after Narkanda you find a tri-tular road left one goes to rampur, middle one goes to Hatu temple and right one goes to village!

So we start from middle one to reach Hatu Peak, it is 7km steep trek from middle of Jungle. Road is not in good condition and has sharp slippery blind turns and it is also very narrow too even for bikes!

It took 1 hour to climb UP due to road conditions bu it is worth! Here re few pics!

DSCN4609.JPG

#Kufri

IMG_20171001_135454.jpg

#Hatu-Devi-Temple

DSCN4642.JPG

#View-from-Hatu-Peak

DSCN4665.JPG

Spend good 2 ours here and here then start decent towards the Nh-22, fill petrol in bikes here as there are very rare chances you find petrol in peo or rampur and also fill jerry canes.

DSCN4689.JPG

#Satluj-River

IMG_20171001_161441.jpg

#satluj-View This borad appear before Rampur. It is advisable to stay here for 10 minutes and enjoy beautyfull valley.

IMG_20171002_123958.jpg

View from satluj view point.
Finally reached Rampur after driving mere 140km at 5:00pm. Find a hotel in maini market and did some walk in market.

Day-3
Rampur > Sarhan > Sangla > Chitkul > Peo

Third day is very enjoyable, as we see nature very closely. The kind of mountains and landscape we see during our journe from rampur to peo is speechless and breathtaking.

I will Share More pics soon and update whole blog shortly.

Just adding a Teaser pic :)

IMG_20171002_163552.jpg

#Small-Village-b/w-Sangla-and-Chitkul #RAYS-Looks-like-gods-is-pouring-blessings-on-village

Last edited: