Spiti - Heavens are always tough to reach

gauravpalsingh

Chalo Chalte hain!!!
@DevRider

Friend, I am planning to visit Spiti in coming Jun-18.

My route will be DELHI - SHIMLA- NARKANDA- NAKO-TABO-KAZA-BATAL-MANALI-DELHI

Please let me know the road conditions between Narkanda to Kaza and Kaza to Manali.

I will be travelling by my own car with family.

DevRider

NOMAD - STUBBORN - MYSTIC
@DevRider

Friend, I am planning to visit Spiti in coming Jun-18.

My route will be DELHI - SHIMLA- NARKANDA- NAKO-TABO-KAZA-BATAL-MANALI-DELHI

Please let me know the road conditions between Narkanda to Kaza and Kaza to Manali.

I will be travelling by my own car with family.

Road conditions
Delhi to Peo - Almost good and well maintained

Peo - Chitkul rough roads

Peo - Tabo - Kaza - very rough with few good patches

kaza - batal - chandartaal - rohtang pass worst gravel roads you can imagine. go to dhankar if time allows you, it is 30km from tabo. you can do some trekking till dhankar lake.

Rohtang to Manali well maintained road.

If time allow go to CHITKUL.

Carry petrol from PEO or kalpa as there is no petrol pump till manali after that though you can find petrol in shops in pooh but cost is really high, kaza only have one but availability is not sure and carry all essential bike space parts and after PEO you will only fin mechanic in tabo or kaza

BEST OF LUCK FOR YOUR JOURNEY......Cheers!

DevRider

NOMAD - STUBBORN - MYSTIC
Hey Guys,

Apologies for delay to complete this post, actually i was quite busy with my new JOB.

Starting from pending posting....

Day-3
Rampur > Sarhan > Sangla > Chitkul > Peo

Few Teaserss

DSCN4747.JPG
View attachment 755317 View attachment 755318 View attachment 755319 View attachment 755320 View attachment 755321

Chitkul is beautiful small village located near Indo-China border. It looks like time freezes here. There is a natural beauty in its rugged and treacherous terrain. We spend good 3-4 hours here. Going to river bed is good experience as you can go there on your bikes. By 6:00pm we reach reckong peo and booked a hotel for night stay. Kalpa is also good option but we choose to stay at peo. One must tank up fuel here or in kalpa as availbility of fuel in KAZA and beyond is uncertain.

Day-4
Peo > Pooh > Nako > Tabo

After peo roads are not in good condition and one must drive carefully. Though vistas are awesome and rugged terrain has its own charm. Roads are combination of slush, tarred, rubbel and we often see boards about shooting stars...

Shots from day 4

DSCN4747.JPG
DSCN4808.JPG
DSCN4809.JPG
DSCN4814.JPG
DSCN4817.JPG
DSCN4819.JPG
DSCN4828.JPG
DSCN4829.JPG
DSCN4831.JPG
DSCN4833.JPG
DSCN4842.JPG