SPITItual journey : June 2019

lalitkumar1977

Trip to Spiti was in my bucket list for long, but was looking for perfect timing & travel Partner(s). My intention was to complete the Spiti Circuit thats why i planned in the Month of June when there was probability of Kunzum Pass to be Opened. BUT it was my bad luck or what. Upon reaching KAZA we get the news that road beyond Kunzum was not open, so we couldnt reached Chandratal, Batal , Gramphoo & Rohtaang. Anyhow we did it till KUNZUM & were really astonished to see such a different world. One of the best section of the trip was PIN Valley (MUDH Village).

I started homework few months back & posted a thread also looking for information reg trip & You BCMT guys really helped alot. The Actual Trip seemed easier than i Thought of. As i mentioned that i was looking for perfect travel partners , i luckily got consent from 2 of My Brother-in-laws ( 1 Saandu Sahab & another Saale Sahab). Both were very comfortable with driving specially in hills. So we were 3 Drivers ( Which made our trip so comfortable that we didnt feel any tiredness due to driving)

Trip Date was Planned for 3rd June early Morning from Rohini Delhi (My Residence), Since both of my B-IN-Laws are from Karnal, so i Picked them Up.
Not wasting any time explaining Trip Preparations ( You expert guys already knows better than me :grin:)

lalitkumar1977

Day 1 - Delhi-Sarahan
Journey Started on 3rd June at 4 AM from Rohini, Delhi in My Car Ford Ecosport. Reached Karnal at 5.45 AM. Picked Up Neeraj Batra ( My Saandu Saab) & Then Picked up Deepak Munjal ( My Saale Saab), after a cup tea, we left Karnal at 6.45 AM. Roads were clear of Traffic throughout Panchkula-Kalka-Himlyan Expressway & upto Dharampur. Beyond Dharampur, Traffic Drastically increase due to construction of 4 lane highway to Shimla. We reached outskirts of Shimla at 11.30 Am approx ( with only 1 breakfast halt).
It took 1.5 Hrs to cross shimla & at 1 Pm We were at Shimla Rampur Road. As we lost much time in Shimla Traffic jam, we were afraid if we could make up to cross Rampur Well in time. I always Prefer while driving on Hills, not to drive after getting Dark. we have not made any advance bookings of any hotels because of the fact that we will stay there where Sun Sets & starts getting Dark, though we always make a target destinations with calculations.
Lunch Break after crossing Narkanda (Chicken Chawal)
IMG_9097A.jpg

MySelf

IMG_9095A.jpg

Deepak Munjal

IMG_9096A.jpg

Me & Neeraj Batra

lalitkumar1977

We continued our Journey with Target of Night Stay at Sarahan.
Weather was hot with Sun Shining upto Rampur, beyond that weather drastically changed with thunderstorms & heavy Rains for about half an hour, encountered a landslide en route 1/2 an hour stuck in Jam. Reached Jeori at 5.30 Pm, Rain Stopped but we were feeling chill in weather. With some low visibility we reached sarahan at 6.30, Got a decent small hotel room just near to Bhim Kali Temple. Had dinner post drinks & off to bed by 9.30, relaxed & Happy(Achieved day 1 Target well in time).