Split AC or Window AC to cool two rooms?

Admin01

Administrator
Btw what is your budget for the AC?

If you can, go for inverter AC. Seeing that two rooms need to be cooled by one unit and that unit is going to only measure the temperatures in the first room and shut off its compressor, it would take a long time to decently cool the other room.

adsatinder

Plz Help Himabuj (Amit Tyagi) in Corona Fighting
Buy 1.5 Ton AC
as it works like 2 Ton of AC of other brands.
Check speed of air flow of ac unit.
It should throw air like a cooler with coolness of AC (Icecream).

Window above Door is ok for window AC fitting.
Door is 7 feet high only.
A stool is enough to reach to AC.

Last edited:

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
We have a drawing room of 15' x 12' and a dining room adjacent to it with 12'x 12' dimensions. Both shares half a wall in between, and rest is open. Kitchen is fully open, and forms a part of dining room itself.
(See attached image)
Only one 1.5T Window AC is fitted in top corner (marked with blue rectangle). With proper sealing of windows and doors, AC cools the complete area decently. Though it doesn't chills it but successfully brings down the room temperature even from 36-38 to 26-27 in no time. It doesnot goes down any further, but serves our purpose.
AC.jpg

DKay

Super User
I think cooling 2 rooms by an AC is never a good idea. The money that you will save in buying a single unit will be negated by exorbitant electricity bills. With a door open and the 2nd room not reaching desired temperature the compressor will never cut off (untill an unless the heat load in both the rooms is very low). But I presume, in Delhi, where the temperature hover around 45 degrees for atleast 2-3 months, proper cooling will be required

My humble suggestion is, buy one A/C unit now, cool one room. Buy another one later.

If it helps, let me tell you, I just bought a General window a/c, 1.5 Ton, 3 star for my parents room. The A/C works like a charm, its very efficient!!

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, if it is a roshan daan then you cannot fit the window AC in that. Either go for a cut out in the wall, or go for a split AC.
And you haven't told us what went wrong with your Godrej AC, nor where it was fitted!

adsatinder

Plz Help Himabuj (Amit Tyagi) in Corona Fighting
We have a drawing room of 15' x 12' and a dining room adjacent to it with 12'x 12' dimensions. Both shares half a wall in between, and rest is open. Kitchen is fully open, and forms a part of dining room itself.
(See attached image)
Only one 1.5T Window AC is fitted in top corner (marked with blue rectangle). With proper sealing of windows and doors, AC cools the complete area decently. Though it doesn't chills it but successfully brings down the room temperature even from 36-38 to 26-27 in no time. It doesnot goes down any further, but serves our purpose.
View attachment 712378
Great !
You proved my point !

Banveet

Thank you for the Suggestion Everyone. My dad has booked General Split AC 1.5 Ton 3 Star and those who are saying that single AC Cannot cool two rooms well i don't have option so i have to use single AC to cool two rooms. Plus that Godrej AC is was taking about was fitted on top of Wall of Bedroom1 and Bedroom2 Joint Wall and it was fitted in Bedroom1. I was facing a lot of issue with that AC plus the Customer Service was pathetic. Every other day there use to be Gas Leakage and any other problem and yes we all have are own experience and maybe some of you might have good one i have bad one with Godrej.

Banveet

Now i would like to ask if it's worth it to Put exhaust fan on Roshan Daan of Bedroom2. I mean since i don't have any window and the room get really humid so just to remove the humidity is it worth it? Plus which the best noiseless exhaust fan for Room.

Shivanshu

RX Rider
Well I think you should go for a Double Blower AC which will help to cool 2 rooms a bit. But as you said the booking has been done. So all the best, keep the filter clean every 15 days to a month depending on the dust content of the locality and the AC would be all good. Happy Summers !!

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which city are you in? Asking because you talked about humidity, and Delhi is very very dry these days.