Split AC or Window AC to cool two rooms?

Banveet

I am sorry Double Blower is something i cannot opt and Sir I am talking about Delhi. I know it's dry atm.. But by Next Month humidity will going to rise so just asking if Exhaust is good option?

Admin01

Administrator
Btw came across this AC from Croma, not sure how good or bad it is, but it might work better for you, as you can adjust the positioning.

foadbear

Pirates Skulls and Bones
I am planning to Purchase AC in coming two theee day. I have wasted 40k on Godrej AC and it was worse that i have to purchase new one this year. I can only Afford 1.5 ton AC. My Dad is saying to go for Window AC but since we have to cool two room with single ac i think we should go for Split AC as we don't have proper window we have one that too on Top of Door so Window AC will going to be install at the height of Split AC which is Lame i think but since i am not Expert i need some Expert Advice from here which AC will be good to cool both the rooms. Also some suggest me company. My Dad is ready to Purchase Ogeneral Window AC 1.5 Ton but we cannot Afford Ogeneral Split AC as it's very costly. So we have to go for some another company for Split AC. Please help me out.
This is the rough idea of my House
https://scontent.fdel1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17021594_1260274477374952_2988495647739552148_n.jpg?oh=43ece40dab6fdbc6240d18e246734ee4&oe=5940AE7A
My native place is Allahabad and my room is on the 2nd floor, with three sides open to Sun's wrath in summers.

The floor below, I had a 1.5 ton window AC, samsung. I had to buy a Blue Star split ac because the samsung one stopped working in extreme summers, with sunlight directly on it, the technicians told me to wrap the AC with some wet cloth to have it working effectively. After enduring one scorching summer and endless wrapping of AC with wet cloth hoping the compressor would start and I will heave a sigh of relief, I finally brought a Blue Star split AC. It cools my living room and my parent's bedroom at the same time and is very effective.

My room is on 2nd floor and when I had to buy a AC for my room, I did not wanted to take any chances since It gets so hot in summers. I had the whole room painted again with wall putty (four coats) and then paint of course.

When it came to AC, I went to check and the best that I found was Daikin 2 ton split AC. It is not very enegry efficient but yes, three years and counting, I still sleep in quilts in summers thank to Daikin.

your home is on Second floor and hence if you do not have another floor above you, you should go for split AC.

read this, this might help.

https://www.quora.com/At-what-highest-outside-temperature-will-the-air-conditioners-work-during-summers-in-India-Is-there-any-threshold-point-after-which-it-wont-work

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
Btw came across this AC from Croma, not sure how good or bad it is, but it might work better for you, as you can adjust the positioning.
These portable ACs are useless. They draw air from the room itself to cool the condenser and then force that hot air out via the flexible hose. That means the room is going into 'negative pressure' and 'hot' air from surrounding areas will have to be pulled in. This drastically reduces the effective cooling compared to that which a standard AC will provide for the same tonnage rating.
I can suggest one more slightly off-beat way to fit a window unit in the room - open the balcony door fully and get the window AC mounted in the doorway. Blank off the excess area with plywood. This will allow Banveet to go for the General window unit that she is so keen on.

skysat2005

Super User
When it came to AC, I went to check and the best that I found was Daikin 2 ton split AC. It is not very enegry efficient but yes, three years and counting, I still sleep in quilts in summers thank to Daikin.
Set your thermostat at 25 Deg C along with the ceiling fan in running mode. This would strike a good balance of your comfort conditions and energy bills.
And you won't be requiring quilts anymore.:p

foadbear

Pirates Skulls and Bones
Set your thermostat at 25 Deg C along with the ceiling fan in running mode. This would strike a good balance of your comfort conditions and energy bills.
And you won't be requiring quilts anymore.:p
hahaha :)

I like quilts.

I have a lhasa apsha breed she dog and both of us like to be in colder surroundings :)

the one downside that I had is that I used to sweat lots when I went to a place which had no air-conditioning.

Well, since November last year, I am living in a small town near Kanpur since my wife is posted as a Bank Manager there.

AC? we don't even have refrigerator here :)

its funny how soon we get accustomed to the environment we chose to live in.

Last edited: