Split-AC stops cooling and leaks water

Admin01

Administrator
Supposedly the condenser was choked due to dust, so once again, indoor unit cleaned there was some dust on the fins and outdoor unit washed (wet service was done on 13th April.)

AC seems to be cooling adequately now.

These guys don’t check gas manually, rather check the amps the unit is drawing (initially it was 21.9) and that is about it.

Admin01

Administrator
I have the same doubt in my mind. If this happens again (which it won't, until it is really humid), I can push them to do more.

skysat2005

Super User
I believe there are service valves provided in split AC outdoor unit to check low side and high side gas pressures and to top up/release refrigerant gas.

The technician should have checked the gas pressure. It provides enough information about the health of system and accordingly corrective measures are taken.

Admin01

Administrator
Yes. That is the problem with these guys, despite telling them to check it, they just checked the amps the AC was pulling and based on that, declared there was enough gas to run it.

Problem is, these are outsourced techs as far as I can tell. So we never get a repeat tech, so zero liability for them.

First thing the want to do before proceeding is to check the status of AMC, if the AMC is valid, they do the basic stuff and get out.

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
LG has also outsourced service (many years ago) but I get repeat technicians at least every other year.
If these guys don't do what you have asked them to do, ask them to produce their service report. You'll be amazed at the number of things they are supposed to check and fill in the values for. Else, don't sign their papers. Escalate the matter with Godrej.

Admin01

Administrator
I know sir, Godrej mentions the following to be done for their AMC service. No one has thus far gone beyond cleaning the filter, measuring the electricity, cleaning the indoor coil and washing the outdoor unit.

Dry Service
Check for working of AC before start- Measure voltage, current & earthing.
Update condition of AC to customer.
Cleaning of AC with Air -blower (cool coil & condenser to be cleaned).
Cleaning & washing of Air- filter.
Oiling of Fan & Blower Motor.
Cleaning of front grill.
Checking compressor terminal connections.
Check for wiring connections.
Check cut-in & cut off cycling of compressor.
Measure Grill temp & return air temp after servicing.
Check overall working of AC.
Give usage & economy tips for better & effective performance.

Wet Service
Check for working of AC before start- Measure voltage, current & earthing.
Update condition of AC to customer.
Dismantling of AC.
Washing of Cooling coil & condenser after removal of motor housing.
Cleaning & washing of Air- filter.
Oiling of Fan & Blower Motor.
Cleaning of front grill.
Checking compressor terminal connections.
Check for wiring connections.
Check cut-in & cut off cycling of compressor.
Measure Grill temp & return air temp after servicing.
Check overall working of AC
Give usage & economy tips for better & effective performance in the Plan.

Big Daddy

Super User
It had happened to me and the culprit was Freon leak. You have to stop using the unit until it is fixed to prevent further damage. I do not know if your unit uses Freon or something else but usual process to fix this problem is to identify source of the leak by sending a colored dye to detect the leak and then fix the problem and reload the Freon solution.

skysat2005

Super User
My AC uses R290 refrigerant gas.
YS, As I mentioned earlier, your AC uses propane as a refrigerant due to its environment friendly properties but it is highly flammable also.

This is one key reason why I believe Godrej service is by very properly trained people, hence only they can work on your AC.

Escalate the matter to Godrej service team and it should be sorted out to your satisfaction.