Spring Mattress

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
Hi,

I am in process of renovating my room and I wish to install a spring mattress that we find in plush hotels. I doubt if hoteliers use the regular 6" Spring mattress.

I find only this kind of spring mattresses everywhere but I doubt if it will have the bouncy action like that we get in hotels. Check the link

Buy Classic Care King Size (78x72) 6 Inch Bonnell Spring Mattress (FREE Pillow) by Springtek Online - Bonnell Spring King Size Mattresses - King Size Mattresses - Mattresses & Bedding - Pepperfry Product

Can someone please help me with the mattress that would give hotel type experience?

Regards

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
Although these are not good for your back on prolonged use, but still, listening to your heart feels heaven. :)

6" are not going to give you the 'hotel' feel. You need atleast 8" or better still go for 10" ones.
I had a 10" spring mattress earlier during my short tenure abroad, and it felt good for couple of weeks. But after a month, I was missing my hard 5" ortho-mattress in my home.

I think, a good brand 10" spring mattress will cost you around 18-20K with 10 year warranty. Donot expect any easy replacement in case of a problem.

Only spring mattress can work
For the feeling you want.
However
Very Soft mattresses are also available.
Better goto local dealer and tell about your need.
He will guide you better.
If not satisfied with 1 seller, go to all big showrooms in your area.

Ask dealer about yiu requirements and tell him to take back if you are not satisfied.
Fee dealers may allow this at some basic cost,
But this is possible.
I have done same for a friend in Delhi.

Prasham

Although these are not good for your back on prolonged use, but still, listening to your heart feels heaven. :)

6" are not going to give you the 'hotel' feel. You need atleast 8" or better still go for 10" ones.
I had a 10" spring mattress earlier during my short tenure abroad, and it felt good for couple of weeks. But after a month, I was missing my hard 5" ortho-mattress in my home.

I think, a good brand 10" spring mattress will cost you around 18-20K with 10 year warranty. Donot expect any easy replacement in case of a problem.

Thanks for the elaborate reply. What was the reason for missing the ortho mattress?

Prasham

Only spring mattress can work
For the feeling you want.
However
Very Soft mattresses are also available.
Better goto local dealer and tell about your need.
He will guide you better.
If not satisfied with 1 seller, go to all big showrooms in your area.

Ask dealer about yiu requirements and tell him to take back if you are not satisfied.
Fee dealers may allow this at some basic cost,
But this is possible.
I have done same for a friend in Delhi.

I have full recron filled mattress as well as memory foam mattress in different beds at home. I don't want them. I want spring mattress this time.

Any suggestion for brand.

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
Thanks for the elaborate reply. What was the reason for missing the ortho mattress?
That sunken feeling is the most uncomfortable. Being heavier, I felt as if I'm sleeping lower than the other side of bed. And getting out of bed is not upto my liking. Though I didn't had any backache or else (touchwood!) but to some sensitive backs it is not a very good posture to spend 7-8 hours continuously.

omega

I spent 34 K on a spring mattress, only to sell it for 2.5 K after 5 years. Went back to coir + foam combination which is best for back support. The ones you get in hotels will be even more expensive.

I have full recron filled mattress as well as memory foam mattress in different beds at home. I don't want them. I want spring mattress this time.
Any suggestion for brand.
Better go and test on mattress you like the most after spending 15-30 minutes on it,
in big showrooms of may be other city.
Most big showrooms normally deal in such product.
Brand does not matter much but your feeling is important.
Take one that you are comfortable in.
No other way to judge this.
Or ask a hotel manager about their mattress purchase.

For Detail read:
https://www.quora.com/in/I-am-looking-to-buy-a-mattress-that-feels-soft-and-comfy-like-the-hotels-and-are-good-for-health-too-Which-mattress-type-and-which-mattress-brand-in-India-should-I-go-for

https://www.quora.com/What-types-of-mattresses-do-high-end-hotels-use

Prasham

That sunken feeling is the most uncomfortable. Being heavier, I felt as if I'm sleeping lower than the other side of bed. And getting out of bed is not upto my liking. Though I didn't had any backache or else (touchwood!) but to some sensitive backs it is not a very good posture to spend 7-8 hours continuously.
I love sunken feeling. The current mattress was custom built with 2" Super Soft Foam on top of 4" Medium Density Foam. I am absolutely satisfied with it. After spending few nights in different hotels, I've come to a conclusion that I want a spring mattress instead of Foam based. So I guess all of us have different taste.