Srinagar - Leh road status, 2011

Thanks to BCMTians for all this updates. Great job ..if I find something to share I definitely will. Please pray to GOD for the wonderful journey..I hope , I shall find many of you there. I am starting from Srinagar on 30th May.

Thanks to BCMTians for all this updates. Great job ..if I find something to share I definitely will. Please pray to GOD for the wonderful journey..I hope , I shall find many of you there. I am starting from Srinagar on 30th May.
Wishing you a very happy journey. I will be leaving srinagar for Leh on 27th.

Hi all. Good forum to discuss about happening in area.

I am planning in mid August to travel PAthankot-Udhampur-Srinagar-Kargil -Leh-Manali-Pathankot. Can anyone highlight weather and road condition from srinagar to Leh during Aug month? First timer heading to beauty.....

Ananth

Would the Western Disturbance affecting the Manali - Leh Road opening have a effect on the Srinagar - Leh route as well? As in would it be raining / worsened climate ?

MonkeyBoy4u

I dont forsee any major blockades !

If it rains, Zoji La will be a mess. At this time of the year the machinery is there permanently so blockades will be cleared soon.

On the Jammu - Srinagar stretch there is a particular area near Ramban prone to landslides