Star trails

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
I just checked. It is most probably read speed and same thing with my other card.. ](*,)
I will use this one tonight. But I doubt it will help.
Ultras are mostly fine. You can shoot in m-RAW if it is available in your camera, if you run into similar issue again. It will shoot at lower resolution.

nadz11.ns

Super User
Ultras are mostly fine. You can shoot in m-RAW if it is available in your camera, if you run into similar issue again. It will shoot at lower resolution.
Looks like some kind of limitation with my cam. Stop clicking after around 100-105 images.
Tried with Raw, normal JPEG and small JPEG.. #-o

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Looks like some kind of limitation with my cam. Stop clicking after around 100-105 images.
Tried with Raw, normal JPEG and small JPEG.. #-o
That is quite strange. I can finish up just about any memory card in my Canon 1000D and 60D. Try going in advance settings and see if there is any limitation set there.

nadz11.ns

Super User
That is quite strange. I can finish up just about any memory card in my Canon 1000D and 60D. Try going in advance settings and see if there is any limitation set there.
Today the cam stopped at exactly 100 images. Maybe some default setting in the camera that automatically stops the camera at 100 images after uninterrupted shutter click.

nadz11.ns

Super User
It seems D3200 has 100 image buffer, Nikon DSLR Buffer Capacity Comparison. However, when taking long exposures, this should not come into play, since the camera has enough time to write images to the card.
This is what I thought.
When I opened the shutter button on the remote, the pics started to copy to the card after that (the green light kept blinking and image numbers went from 1 to 100).
I also have my cousins D5200 here, I will it again with the internal interval settings and see what happens.