Status of FASTag enabled toll plazas

deba72

Last Saturday, I drove from Kolkata to Paradeep. Route taken was Kolkata-Kharagpur-Balasore-Chandikhole-Paradeep. On this stretch, there are approx 7/8 toll plazas and all of their names appear on the list of FASTag toll plazas. So these toll plazas were supposed to have dedicated lanes for vehicles with FASTag sticker.

My vehicle dint have any sticker but I kept searching for such dedicated lanes in all of them but couldn't find any.

So at least for this route this project remains a non-starter and nothing but a media exercise. Ground realities differ from the big full page advertisements.

Would love to hear from BCMTians from different parts of the country about their experiences with FASTag toll plazas.

J.Ravi

Petrol Powered + Diesel Driven
FASTag is enabled at all the toll plazas between Bangalore and Chennai via Hosur and Krishnagiri. Some of them [Attibele/Vaniambadi/Pallikonda] have exclusive lanes for vehicles with FASTag, but I have to honk the horn or flash headlights so that an attendant would remove the temporary barricade to allow the vehicle enter that excluisve lane. FASTag customers get 10% cash-back on the tolls paid. Also, I get free passage at some toll plazas [Krishnagiri and Devanahalli] due to their non-operational gadgets. :)

fastag.jpg

fastag2.jpg

jeetcp

Mediocre me
Well NH58 has FASTag lanes.
NH1 till Chandigarh has FASTag lanes.

But But But...... Normal people queue up to this lane too most of the time and that defeats the purpose (mostly).

BTW, 10% cash back? really? is there any expiry etc? or Tag one time fee?

vankito

Travel is never a matter of money, only spirit
Well NH58 has FASTag lanes.
NH1 till Chandigarh has FASTag lanes.

But But But...... Normal people queue up to this lane too most of the time and that defeats the purpose (mostly).

BTW, 10% cash back? really? is there any expiry etc? or Tag one time fee?
I can't event find a way to get a tag. The route I would want to use this on is the mumbai delhi route . Any idea whether this is enabled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J.Ravi

Petrol Powered + Diesel Driven
During my recent Bangalore>Chennai drive, toll was deducted only in 3 out of 7 toll plazas. My XUV 500 had free passage through the remaining 4 toll plazas. Some incentive for the FASTag customers!
Another advantage was, I drove out of the exclusive FASTag lane in Attibele toll plaza quickly, while there was a huge traffic jam and long queues in all other lanes, thanks to the weekend.
fastag09072016latest.jpg

Last edited: