Stranded Alone In A Fresh Heavy Snow Fall For 122 Winter Days. An Amazing Travelogue

HELLO..JULEY..
A LONG UN-ENDED TRAVELOGUE OF 194 DAYS (12.09.74 TI 31,03,1975) OUT OF WHICH 122 DAYS (28.11.1974 TO 29.03.1075) SPENT STRANDED IN CHHOTA DARA SITUATED BETWEEN MIGHTY ROHTANG AND KUNZOM PASS. MY FIRST TRAVELOGUE WRITTEN EVER ON THE REQUEST OF BCMTIAN FRIENDS WHO WERE KEEN TO KNOW AS TO HOW THE WHOLE WINTER CAN BE SPENT ALONE THERE. WELL THIS IS THE INCIDENCE FACED BY SH. PURAN SINGH WHO WAS POSTED IN HANSA (SPITI VALLEY) AS A VILLAGE DEVELOPMENT OFFICER (GRAM SEVAK). I WAS ALSO THERE IN SPITI THOSE YEARS AND WAS ONE OF IN THE GROUP OF ABOUT 42 PERSON WHO DID MANALI -KAZA BUT ONE GOT STRANDED AND THREE DIED IN A BUS TAKEN AS SHELTER IN BATAL AND THEIR DEAD BODIES WERE RECOVERED AFTER 4 MONTHS WHEN THE ROHTANG AND KUNZOM PASS WAS CROSSED BY THE LOCALS ON FOOT. NOW HOW AND WHY THIS TRAVELOGUE ? IS THAT ONCE I REPLIED IN THE MANALI-LEH ROAD THREAD 2010 THAT THE LOCALS CROSS THE PASSES IN WINTER ALSO AND ONCE A MAN GOT STRANDED IN WINTER SO THE FRIENDS BCMTIANS REQUESTED ME TO WRITE ABOUT THE STRANDED MAN. I KNOW MR. PURAN SINGH PERSONALLY AND I DISCUSSED THIS MATTER AND HE SAID ME TO WRITE A TRAVELOGUE FOR HIM. HE IS OF 69 NOW. HOW HE SPENT THE DAYS THERE IS AN INTERESTING STORY.. CONTINUE..JULEY..

Last edited:

narender

DRIFTER
Re: STRANDED ALONE IN A FRESH HEAVEY SNOW FALL FOR 122 WINTER DAYS. AN AMAZING TRAVEL

Top Singh ji,very gripping start and i believ its going to be an interesting reading and rare too.

vickychd

Re: STRANDED ALONE IN A FRESH HEAVEY SNOW FALL FOR 122 WINTER DAYS. AN AMAZING TRAVEL

Really interesting and waiting for more.....

komodo

Abeer Aulakh

Now this is going to be interesting!:)

Yatin

The Rafter

Eagerly awaited Top Singh sir. I guess there will be more story and less of pics in this one. Just one request Sir, could you please put off your Caps Lock, it will be easier reading long paras.

Sir julley,

Your are one of my rule models. Great start sir ji. But please don't stop carry on.

Warm regards.

samurai

+1 please carry on or i have to come to manali to listen story :)

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose

SirJi,
I am all glued to this thread!
It must be a real "Survival in Worst Case Scenarios"...

Please bring it on. :)

classicrajat

The Legend

solid start..looking forward for details.

Looking forward to hear more abt it....good going sir