Suggest a Flip Phone

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
I have always been a big fan of Flip Phones. I have used 4 flip phones till now and then since I couldn't find a good flip phone I finally bought an iPhone 3G which now needs a replacement. I have very basic requirement.*

a) Large Contact Capacity
b) Long Battery Life
c) Long Service Life

I'd love if it has GPS, 3.5mm Audio Jack, Wifi but they aren't very necessary. Ohhh & I'll be using it on GSM network of Idea.

Almost 6-8 hours I stay in my factory's workshop. I use my phone with my oily hands and there's lot of dust flying around. Thus I believe flip phones are better for this kind of environment. I've used 2 samsungs, 1 motorola & a nokia flip phones till date and except motorola all the others lasted for 2-3 years without any problems.

I searched for these phones in India but couldn't find any good phone and now I have a chance to get them from US since my inlaws are there and they shall return in a month's time.

Please suggest a good rugged phone something like Samsung Convoy II.

Prasham

I don't prefer a slider since it will only save the keypad and not the screen.

I know there are no flip phones available in India but I can get it from US too.

jeetcp

Mediocre me
I have never used a flip phone, so cannot comment. Will a pure touch screen not do the duty in your case? Most come with a leather flip cover these days. And since no keys, they will not catch the dust.

Prasham

@Jeet: Many times the fingers have oil on it and hence when I swipe my finger on my iPhone to receive a call, it just doesn't register the swipe !!! I am just unable take the call unless I quickly clean my fingers and try again also I have dropped my phone many times and hence I am a bit apprehensive about buying another big display touch screen phone as if something breaks, I'll have to shell out too much for its repair.

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
Prasham, I think you can use any phone instrument as long as you use 1) Bluetooth and 2) any key answer setting.
To make calls you'd have to clean your hands.
BTW, why aren't you using cotton working gloves? :confused:

Clipboard01.jpg

Last edited:

Prasham

Prasham, I think you can use any phone instrument as long as you use 1) Bluetooth and 2) any key answer setting.
To make calls you'd have to clean your hands.
BTW, why aren't you using cotton working gloves? :confused:

View attachment 369772

Thanks for the suggestion. I already have a bluetooth but with a cellphone, a laptop, a tab & a battery powered pocket modem, I think I already have enough gadgets that I need to charge up regularly, so I don't use it anymore.

Most of the attractive phones these days are full touchscreen and hence anykey answer will not work as its limited to the phones with keypad only.

...and lastly, after 8 years at the factory, I've actually started liking getting my hands soiled and hence I don't wish to use any gloves. Also it will make me appear to be a paranoid boss :(