Suggest a nice rafting camp in Rishikesh?

Discussion in 'Hotels and Guest Houses in Uttaranchal/Uttarakhand' started by Terminator, May 1, 2012.

1. Terminator

Terminator Member

Hello All,

I am planning to go for a days rafting to Rishikesh and would prefer the rafting from Byasi or Kaudilya(ahead of Shivpuri)
    Can anyone suggest a nice reasonable camp with neat and clean tents and washroom and which provides good non veg too:)(always on the cards)

I have done rafting before a couple of times but never satisfied with the cleanliness etc.

Thanks to share your views, we may use this thread as a repository of all the good rafting camps in Rishikesh and around.

2. anupmathur

anupmathur Super Moderator Staff Member

You could take a look at Questrails.
    A little upmarket.

3. Terminator

Terminator Member

Thx Anup Sir,will check with them.

4. Pandey

Pandey Member

5. Terminator

Terminator Member

Questtrails are good though are charging a little high ,quoted around Rs 2700 per person.

I spotted Great Himalyan Expedition,they are quite big and exactly at Marine Drive from where the rafting normally starts.
    They have quoted Rs 1800 for 16km Rafting + 3 meals(breakfast,evening snacks(non veg),Dinner(non veg) ,which looks quite decent to me.

Himalayan Expeditions, India Trekking,River rafting, river rafting in rishikesh

Possibly I will go for it and do a quick review once I am done.

6. gauravtrivedi

gauravtrivedi New Member

@ Terminator

Can you please share your feedback.

We are also planning for the same.

7. Terminator

Terminator Member

Well no Complains from great himalayan expedition team, just one piece
    of advice that do not forget to carry your slippers in the raft, else you may have to burn your feet to boils on burning rock and soil, while you walk up to your vehicle after the rafting is done.

Camps were good with non veg food and yes dont expect bon fire in the camps as its been stopped by the govt and anyway you wont need it in the month of may.

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  8. ankitgoel10

ankitgoel10 Active Member

I have done the Weekend Gig with Mr Deepak (9627286005, 9412146623) twice - in Apr 2006 and then in 2009.
    He had setup an awesome location in Kaudiyala in 2009. I still dont know what his company name is.

I always give him a call to confirm and just depart! Both the time he charged me Rs 1600/- per head but in 2009, they served us much more services, activities and food than in 2006.

9. Arzu

Arzu New Member

Does GMVN not conduct rafting now.. I went their way back in 97,98,99 and always booked through GMVN ..
    Can some one update