suggestion needed how to plan kolkata trip

sukantasarangi

I will be in kolkata with my family from 25th March 7am to 27th March 9pm. I am interested to visit below places

1. Victoria Memorial
2. The Indian Museum, Chowringhee Avenue (now J.L. Nehru Road)
3. The Marble Palace, Chittaranjan Avenue
4. Birla Industrial & Technological Museum, Gurusaday Dutta Road
5. Science City
6. The Jorasanko Thakur Bari
7. Gurusaday Museum, on Diamond Harbour Road
8. Nehru Children's Museum
9. Calcutta High Court
10. Raj Bhavan
11. Town Hall
12. Writers' Building
13. Howrah Bridge
14. The Indian Botanical Garden, Howrah
15. Alipore Zoological Gardens
16. Nico Park
17. Aquatica
18. The Shaheed Minar Situated at Prinsep Ghat
19. Maidan, Brigade Parade Ground
20. The Park Street, Camac Street and Shakespeare Sarani
21. New Market
22. Dakshineswar Kali Temple
23. Kalighat Kali Temple
24. Birla temple
25. Belur Math
26. Firinghi Kalibari, on B.B Ganguly street in the Bowbazar
27. Thanthania Kalibari
28. Dwadash Shiva Temples, Barisha
29. Badridas Jain Temple, Badridas Temple Street
30. Adi Chitteshwari Temple, Kashipur Ghat
31. Madanmohan Temple, Madan Dutta Lane, Bowbazar,
32. Parsi Fire Temples, Metcalfe Street (Popularly called the Bandook Gali) in the Boubazar
33. Japanese Buddhist Temple, South End Park, Kalighat
34. Chinese temples in Kolkata
35. Magen David Synagogue, located at the junction of Brabourne Road and Canning Street
36. Bethel Synagogue, Synagogue St
37. St. Paul's Cathedral, Chowringhee Road
38. St. John's Church, North – Western corner of Raj Bhavan
39. St. James' Church, Jora Girja, Nebutolla Lane, near Amherst Street
40. Church of the Lord Jesus, Taltala
41. Cathedral of the Most Holy Rosary, commonly known as the Portuguese Church or Murgihata Church
42. Eco Tourism Park, Rajarhat
43. Birla Planetarium, Kolkata
44. Fort William, Kolkata
45. Princep Ghat, Kolkata
46. ISKCON Temple located at 3C Albert Road, Minto Park
47. Chinatown
48. Bhawanipore Cemetery, located at no 15 Debendra Lal Khan Road
49. Basilica Bandel Church

I want to know:
a) is this possible to visit above places in 3 days?
b) is camera allowed every where?
c) is all places are accessible to public or permission required?
d) above places, which are can be visited through Metro? and for which places i have to take tram? or for which i have to take bus?
e) what will be a good, low price hotel or lodge to stay for 6 adults and 4 childs?

iamsomnath

Where is the remote?
r u sure? it will take 1 day? what is the location of this church??
Dear Sir, your list is too ambitious. 49 places and many of them I myself have not visited though being a resident. Only Indian Museum would call for a full day if you want to appreciate the exhibits. So please cut down your list to 10 , I suggest Park street, Victoria Memorial, Birla Planetorium, Indian Museum and surrounding for a day . Keep another day for Belur Math, Dakshineswar temple and that extreme north part of the city. The last day may be spent somewhere else as per your interest. West Bengal Tourism Development Corporation ( WBTDC ) arranges very popular city tour packages, you can check them out http://www.wbtdc.gov.in/Protected_Pages/PKG_BOOK_TourSelect.aspx?wbtdc=1

AbhiShake

Thug Life

sukantasarangi

Dear Sir, your list is too ambitious. 49 places and many of them I myself have not visited though being a resident. Only Indian Museum would call for a full day if you want to appreciate the exhibits. So please cut down your list to 10 , I suggest Park street, Victoria Memorial, Birla Planetorium, Indian Museum and surrounding for a day . Keep another day for Belur Math, Dakshineswar temple and that extreme north part of the city. The last day may be spent somewhere else as per your interest. West Bengal Tourism Development Corporation ( WBTDC ) arranges very popular city tour packages, you can check them out http://www.wbtdc.gov.in/Protected_Pages/PKG_BOOK_TourSelect.aspx?wbtdc=1
Well, in my previous trips in 2003, i have visited Botanical garden, Science City, Dakhineswar Kali Temple, Kalighat Temple, Victoria Memorial, Sr Paul;s Cathedral, Birla Temple, Birla Planetorium in a single day.

AbhiShake

Thug Life
Ummm.... :shock::shock:. So many places to visit and no time....

The only useful information I would like to give you is that you should skip the Kalighat Kali Temple. It is a horrible place full of goons and thugs masquerading as priests.
My friend Kalighat Kali Temple is not a horrible place. Its a sacred place but full of goons n thugs.
The people around this temple are bad. not the temple itself. O:)