Suggestion on Itinerary for April-21

jigarshah

Hi Experts

We 4 members including 2 kids – 12 yrs and 6 yrs are planning a vacation in Himachal. Our base station will be Chandigarh….. Tentative dates 17/04/2021 to 28/04/2021….
Tentative itinerary is as below:

Day 1 - Ahmedabad to Chandigarh – reach by 18.30 hrs. night stay at Chandigarh
Day 2 - Chandigarh to Narkanda, night stay at Narkanda
Day 3 - Narkanda to Kalpa night stay at Kalpa
Day 4 - kalpa local, night stay at Kalpa
Day 5 - Kalpa to Chitkul, night stay at Chitkul
Day 6 - Chitkul local, night stay at Chitkul
Day 7 - Chitkul to Sarahan, night stay at Sarahan
Day 8 - Sarhan to Jalori pass to Tirthan, night stay at Tirthan
Day 9 - Tirthan Local, night stay at Tirthan
Day 10 - Tirthan Local, night stay at Tirthan
Day 11 - Tirthan Local, night stay at Tirthan
Day 12 - Tirthan to chandigarh to Ahmedabad (Flight at 23.30 hrs)

Some queries :
  • Pls advice required customization on above itinerary. I want a relaxed one.
  • Hotel suggestions for all the location. Not very high on budget. Hotel with a good view, and clean room / wash room will solve the purpose.
  • Things to do on Day 4 to Day 11… want to do some day treks with kids wherever possible.
  • Will a small sedan be OK for travelling considering the roads ?
  • Should I hire vehicle for entire tour or can I hire it from Day 2 to 8 and again hire from tirthan for chandigarh airport drop on day 12. Appx charges of vehicle hire?
  • Is it advisable to camp and stay in a tent with kids during stay at tirthan? Any lead who can arrange the same.
  • If I plan to hire a bike as well along with a car (for family), how can I get the same from Chandigarh from day 2 till day 12. Appx hire charges? Any reliable source that can provide the same.
  • Where can we find snow to play during this period? Any treks / hike at chitkul where we can find some snow?
  • Can we do serloskar lake trek at Jalori on day 8 while travelling from sarahan to tirthan or it will be too hectic for kids.
  • If you find too many days in tirthan , then I will reduce one day there…
I think there are too many questions for now… please advice ….
Thanks
Jigar Shah

NeerajVayu

Very relaxed plan , You will enjoy a lot
in Tirthan you can enjoy picnic in jungle and must try fishing
If you will do serloskar in the same day it will be very hectic
Day 8 should be descend from jalori pas and stay there at village called Gada gushaini or Jibhi, there is hut there Latoda hut which I found very nice
Next Day do a small trek till Baloo temple if you love nature you will like this trekk