Suggestions for driving holiday in May

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Hi,
Can you suggest me whether shall I be able to do Kinnaur Valley as well as Spiti Valley during that period? I do understand that Kaza- Manali would be closed and I shall not be able to do Chandertal but shall Shimla-Kaza be open? Current status in the road status in bcmt is showing as road open with lots of snow for Shimla- Kaza. What is expected by 2nd week of May?
Yes, you can go till Kaza in May. Snow at that time should be all but gone.

C

Can I squeeze this in 4 days? I will try doing this during April in that case.
Day 1: Chandigarh to Rohru
Day 2: Rohru to Chanshal Pass and back.
Day 3: Rohru to Sarahan via Daran Pass.
Day 4: Back to Chandigarh.

parastanna

Thanks YS.

Can you help me prepare itinerary for 8 days for Chandigarh- Kinnaur Valley- Spiti Valley in that case please.

parastanna

I went last April to Churdhar for Trek.
You can easily go in May.
Road conditions are ok.
We did in Honda Amaze. Patchy Roads but repair work was going on
It is magnageable easily.
Trek from Nohradhar is little difficult as snow at top hill can damage route. Start early morning to reach before sunset at main temple. Use Stick to cover difficult parts.

Trek from Chopal / Sarahan side is much better till Churdhar Peak.

Rush will be much less than any other circuit.
Trekking is out of question as I will be travelling with family and small kids.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Day 1: Chandigarh to Sangla, long drive so start early in the morning.

Day 2: Visit Chitkul and then head to Kalpa for night stay. Visit the suicide point and do some sightseeing and travel up to the suicide point. Most of the places worth visiting in Sangla, Chitkul and Kalpa are short treks, so unless you do it, you will be able to cover both the places.

Day 3: Kalpa to Tabo, en route visit Nako Lake and Gompa and Gue Monastery.

Day 4: Tabo to Kaza, en route visit Tabo Monastery, Dhankar Monastery and Pin Valley (Kaurik Monastery and Mud Village).

Day 5: Visit Key, Kibber, Gette, Tashigang, Komic, Hikkim and Langza, come back to Kaza by nightfall.

Day 6: Kaza to Sarahan or Rampur, long day so start early in the morning.

Day 7: Sarahan to Chandigarh, alternatively you can break the journey en route.

1 day kept as buffer. It can be used at Sarahan or alternatively you can stay at Sangla on day 2 and visit Kalpa while coming back.

adsatinder

explorer
Trekking is out of question as I will be travelling with family and small kids.

You can live in a Peaceful Hotel / Resort in this area or simple basic hotel having basic facilities.
Nearby shops will also have only basic products of small village / town life.
Simple Food, Clothes are available easily in Nohradhar Market or Rajgarh Market.
You can explore on your 4 wheeler easily.
Rajgarh, Nohradhar, Haripurdhar, nearby places / area are much far from tourists.
Only Nohradhar has pilgrims from where the Churdhar Trek starts.
If you go from Nohradhar towards Sangrah / Renuka Ji, many small hotels / resorts can be viewed on the route, Far from the Mad Crowd.
But this is only for those people, who want secluded place and no interference of tourists.
You can consider this if you have only few / couple of days to get away from mad crowd.
You can have only natural views.
No tourist place to go.
Nirvana invites you !
LOL !

Last edited:

parastanna

Yes, you can go till Kaza in May. Snow at that time should be all but gone.

Day 1: Chandigarh to Rohru
Day 2: Rohru to Chanshal Pass and back.
Day 3: Rohru to Sarahan via Daran Pass.
Day 4: Back to Chandigarh.

As I shall be going to Sarahan later on while I drive to Kinnaur and Spiti Valley, how would be below itinerary for 4 days.

Day 1: Chandigarh to Chakrata
Day 2: Chakrata to Rohru
Day 3: Rohru to Chanshal Pass and back
Day 4: Rohru to Daran Pass and back to Shimla

What are your views on this?

parastanna

You can live in a Peaceful Hotel / Resort in this area or simple basic hotel having basic facilities.
Nearby shops will also have only basic products of small village / town life.
You can explore on your 4 wheeler easily.
Rajgarh, Nohradhar, Haripurdhar, nearby places / area are much far from tourists.
Only Nohradhar has pilgrims from where the Churdhar Trek starts.
If you go from If you move towards Sangrah / Renuka Ji, many small hotels / resorts can be viewed on the route, Far from the Mad Crowd.
But this is only for those people, who want secluded place and no interference of tourists.
You can consider this if you have only few / couple of days to get away from mad crowd.
You can have only natural views.
No tourist place to go.
Nirvana invites you !
LOL !
Points noted Praji. Thanks. :):-D:-D

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
As I shall be going to Sarahan later on while I drive to Kinnaur and Spiti Valley, how would be below itinerary for 4 days.

Day 1: Chandigarh to Chakrata
Day 2: Chakrata to Rohru
Day 3: Rohru to Chanshal Pass and back
Day 4: Rohru to Daran Pass and back to Shimla

What are your views on this?
This should be fine as well.