Suggestions for Honeymoon in June

Harishhari

Hi Everyone,

Firstly, I want to thank all the members of BCMTouring for helping me do my 1st Leh-Ladakh motorcycle trip last year in June. I received great ideas back then to complete my Leh trip. This time again, I will need your help in yet another important journey of my life.

I'm getting married mid June 2016 and want your suggestions on the places I can visit from Bangalore considering that I have only about 4-5 days, can possibly extend to 2 more days provided other things I need to take care are taken cared of. I know it is still 6 months away but because I'm coming to India from US f and have to take care of the dependent visa of my fiancee I have to plan my wedding and everything else in advance. Apart from the wedding I intend to get the visa work completed in the 1st two weeks. The 3rd week is the time I'm thinking of a trip.

My fiancee likes adventure and so do I. She has never been to Kerala and suggested Kerala, and if not Leh. Leh, I know is not possible with only 4-5 days and in Kerala it will be monsoon. I hear different opinions about visiting Kerala during monsoon towards end of June - that it rains a lot at that time so difficult to visit places or monsoon makes Kerala more beautiful and romantic. So, I'm little confused.

In any case, I want to see what other options I have for 4-5 days from Bangalore. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you,
Harish

mousourik

Who Am I
Congrats and welcome to the club.

Just a food for thought for the adventure seeking souls - Sach pass + Pangi valley in HP, if that is doable in June.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
4-5 days are enough to cover the basic tourist circuit in Ladakh eg. Nubra Valley and Pangong Tso. If you can add a day or two, then the plan becomes pretty good for Ladakh. In case you don’t want to do that, you can cover a couple of off-beat places in Ladakh or head to Suru and Zanskar Valley. Though in case of Suru and Zanskar, you will need 5-7 days.

Also are you planning to ride or hire a taxi?

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
Usually there's only 1 Honeymoon. Use those days carefully. Generally all the adventure activities are tiring and that's the last thing one would want on a Honeymoon.

I suggest you stay in Dandeli for 2 day to satisfy the adventure keeda. You can go for nature walks, rafting, kayaking etc. There are some good resorts there. Later move to a good resort in South Goa which is about 100 kms from Dandeli and spend rest of the days exploring Goa.

Harishhari

Usually there's only 1 Honeymoon. Use those days carefully. Generally all the adventure activities are tiring and that's the last thing one would want on a Honeymoon.

I suggest you stay in Dandeli for 2 day to satisfy the adventure keeda. You can go for nature walks, rafting, kayaking etc. There are some good resorts there. Later move to a good resort in South Goa which is about 100 kms from Dandeli and spend rest of the days exploring Goa.
Isn't it monsoon in Dandeli during June?

Harishhari

4-5 days are enough to cover the basic tourist circuit in Ladakh eg. Nubra Valley and Pangong Tso. If you can add a day or two, then the plan becomes pretty good for Ladakh. In case you don’t want to do that, you can cover a couple of off-beat places in Ladakh or head to Suru and Zanskar Valley. Though in case of Suru and Zanskar, you will need 5-7 days.

Also are you planning to ride or hire a taxi?
I thought so too but if we are flying directly to Leh, then first two days would go in getting used to the altitude. Perhaps, the next few days we can go around Ladakh, and do mostly day trips. I would prefer doing it on a motorcycle and she also wants to go there on a motorcycle, but I guess it may be tiring specially if we have to travel to US in the next few days. If we can do Ladakh, it will be one kind of Honeymoon :cool:

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
I thought so too but if we are flying directly to Leh, then first two days would go in getting used to the altitude. Perhaps, the next few days we can go around Ladakh, and do mostly day trips. I would prefer doing it on a motorcycle and she also wants to go there on a motorcycle, but I guess it may be tiring specially if we have to travel to US in the next few days. If we can do Ladakh, it will be one kind of Honeymoon :cool:
First 2 days in Leh doesn't means you cannot go out and do sightseeing. You can rent a motorcycle or two, and ride to Sham Valley. For day trips to Nubra Valley and Pangong Tso, you can hire taxi, as it would be more convenient and less tiring.

foadbear

Pirates Skulls and Bones
you can go to Bali for your honeymoon, from Bengaluru.

Adventure loving souls ? You have 5GX reverse bungy (google it), dirt bike tours where you can ride a volcano, water sports, taste of surfing ( I bet you and your wife will love it), mountain trekking on a bike.

interested in water rides? no, not the ones where you just slide down and make a splash.

Check out CLIMAX ride in Waterbom Bali.

take the total package for two of you and get a balinese massage at the end of your rides there. Sounds like a honeymoon.

just married and can visit the two famous temples in Bali, Uluwatu and Tanha lot.

feels good to visit a temple with your wife after you get married.

no visa for Indian passport holders and you can just book the tickets and go, so no worry there you see.

I spent two weeks there in Bali for my honeymoon and still feel I came back early.

Harishhari

First 2 days in Leh doesn't means you cannot go out and do sightseeing. You can rent a motorcycle or two, and ride to Sham Valley. For day trips to Nubra Valley and Pangong Tso, you can hire taxi, as it would be more convenient and less tiring.
Yes. I think it is doable but from my last year experience I can easily say Nubra and Pangong are not one day trips. I will have to see if I can put an extra day or two and cover them in 2 days each.

you can go to Bali for your honeymoon, from Bengaluru.

Adventure loving souls ? You have 5GX reverse bungy (google it), dirt bike tours where you can ride a volcano, water sports, taste of surfing ( I bet you and your wife will love it), mountain trekking on a bike.

interested in water rides? no, not the ones where you just slide down and make a splash.

Check out CLIMAX ride in Waterbom Bali.

take the total package for two of you and get a balinese massage at the end of your rides there. Sounds like a honeymoon.

just married and can visit the two famous temples in Bali, Uluwatu and Tanha lot.

feels good to visit a temple with your wife after you get married.

no visa for Indian passport holders and you can just book the tickets and go, so no worry there you see.

I spent two weeks there in Bali for my honeymoon and still feel I came back early.
Bali sounds definitely interesting and adventurous. Is it possible to do it on 4-5 days? What kind of budget do we need for such a trip?

It will be monsoon in Dandeli as well as Goa but it pure bliss. I've spent 5 days in Goa during monsoon unless you hate getting wet, you'll definitely enjoy.
I think it will be a different experience to visit Goa during Monsoon. My guess is Kerala also is one such place. I have been reading many blogs and online forums about its beauty during monsson. Has anyone been to Kerala during monsoon? Can you share your experience?

Thanks,
Harish