Suggestions for Honeymoon in June

nishchaya

Dreamer
I've been to Goa as well as to Kerala in monsoons. If you feel like getting away from the maddening crowd, it is the time to be. At both places, sea would be rough so you can't venture into the sea, so that sun, sand and beach stuff would be gone. Nonetheless, it is a perfect time to have a quaint holiday. The hotel deals would be a steal, the place would be devoid of tourists, it would be litter free and the color would be green everywhere. I would take that anyday.

foadbear

Pirates Skulls and Bones
Y

Bali sounds definitely interesting and adventurous. Is it possible to do it on 4-5 days? What kind of budget do we need for such a trip?
excluding flights, for a 5 day trip, 70-80k.

yes, Bali can be done in 4-5 days , but then you will have no time to rest.

Harishhari

excluding flights, for a 5 day trip, 70-80k.

yes, Bali can be done in 4-5 days , but then you will have no time to rest.
Considering I'm living away from India for long time, and there are so many beautiful places in India I'm yet to visit, I probably will stick to visiting in India this time. Bali, will be some other time.

I've been to Goa as well as to Kerala in monsoons. If you feel like getting away from the maddening crowd, it is the time to be. At both places, sea would be rough so you can't venture into the sea, so that sun, sand and beach stuff would be gone. Nonetheless, it is a perfect time to have a quaint holiday. The hotel deals would be a steal, the place would be devoid of tourists, it would be litter free and the color would be green everywhere. I would take that anyday.
I sort of want to go to Kerala but not sure about the monsoon part of it. I probably will check the weather and conditions when it is much closer(like a week left) and then decide. If not, I think I would go for Leh-Ladakh.

Thanks for all your suggestion guys.

Harishhari

Guys, I went through lot of blogs and forums for traveling to Kerala during monsoons, and it seems like it not really a bad idea.

Although I initially planned for 5-6 days, I'm squeezing few additional days. If I'm going to Kerala and for 8 days can you kindly check the following itinerary and let me know your opinions? Kindly let me know if I have make a new post or change the title of this one.

Day 1
- Fly early morning to Cochin from Bangalore
- Depart Cochin towards Munnar (4-5hrs)
- Cover all the beautiful falls near Munnar on the way
- Overnight in Munnar
Day 2
- Sightseeing in Munnar
- Overnight in Munnar(need suggestions)
Day 3
- Sightseeing in Munnar
- Overnight in Munnar(need suggestions)
Day 4
- Depart Munnar towards Thekkady(4hrs)
- Boat cruise/jeep safari
- Overnight in Thekkady (need suggestions)
(With monsoons, is Thekkady cruise or safari a good idea? Leeches and mosquitoes)
Day 5
- Depart Thekkady towards Kumarakom(3hrs)
- Bird Sanctuary/Sightseeing
- Overnight at Kumarakom (need suggestions)
Day 7
- House boat cruise from Kumarakom to Alleypey (full day)
- Overnight at Alleypey in boat house
Day 8
- Depart Alleypey towards Cochin(2hrs)
- Fly to Bangalore from Cochin

If I have to cut short my trip by few days I can skip kumarakom or cut short munnar by a day. Also if I'm spending 2 full days in Munnar, would it be possible to visit Athirapalli falls before going to Munnar?

Thanks

saniyajoys

Hi,

Kerala during Monsoon is ideal for honeymooners and Nature lovers.
The destinations that you have chosen are perfect.
Final adjustments can be made by you by knowing the travel time between destinations.

Kochi- Munnar- 4 hrs by road.
Munnar- Thekkady- 3 hrs by road.
Thekkady to Kumarakom- 4.5 hrs by road.
Kumarakom - Alleppey- 45 minutes by road.
Alleppey to Kochi by 2.5 hrs by road.

Some tips to improve your tip:
1) If planning Athirapally, plan on day 1 directly from airport. It may take 1 hr from airport. Afternoon, you can move from Athirapally to Munnar which takes 3.5 hrs by road.
2) If staying at Kumarakom, book a resort close to backwater preferably with backwater view from room.
3) Thekkady- best resort is KTDC Aranya Nivas- which gives stay inside jungle.
4) If you wish to reduce a day, you can also try for a day cruise at Alleppey or Kumarakom in a houseboat and stay in a backwater resort. usually over night stay in a houseboat is boring.
5) While starting on a day to next destination, try to start atmost by 8 am just after breakfast as the distance between destinations are high.
6) Munnar- Must visit- Eravaikulam National Park ( Rajamala), Mattupetty dam speed boating. If you have time you can plan jeep safari to Kolukkumalai- which takes nearly half a day.

If you need further clarifications, feel free to type here. I am available online in this forum to help travellers to Kerala.
Wish you a happy holidays in Kerala

sukantasarangi

Never ever visit kerala during monsoon time, that also on honeymoon, honey will be ruined and moon too. Instead of that chose Himachal Pradesh or North East like arunanchal or out of india destination like Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malysia, Singapore

Last edited: