Suggestions for travel in Jan20 from delhi on LTC

mchadha

Hi all. Planning to take LTC in Jan 2020. Need inputs on places to visit. It should be away from the maddening crowd and preferably some distance away which would not be possibly covered on a weekend trip.
Some places that came to mind
1. Lakshwadeep
2. Wayanad and coorg, though I just visited coorg last month
3.darjeeling, sikkim
4. Bhutan, but not sure if covered in LTC
5. Any other suggestions
Have been to andaman, goa, kerela earlier
Which of the above or any other you suggest and what about the things to do there.
Thanks

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

adsatinder

explorer
MP complete if you are interested in Historical Places.
Chhatisgarh is same.
These are lonely places mostly.

Maharashtra eastern side is also lonely area.

Kerala Hilly areas and BackWaters area are most popular places..

mchadha

Tentative plan I made is as follows
1. Delhi-mysore. Flight. Take self drive car and explore mysuru ( palace, zoo, vrindavan, any other suggestions). Stay for 2 nights.
2. Leave early morning for bandipur national park. Take tiger safari. Chethalayam falls. Any other suggestions. Stay overnight.... Suggest decent and cheap options
3. Leave early morning for mudumalai national park. See lake, dam, needle rock view point etc.... Please suggest places of interest and whethher I can take my self drive car there. Stay overnight
4. Leave early morning for Kalpetta. Trek to chembra peak, dam neelimala view point, coffee/tea plantation visit.... Any other suggestions. Stay for 2 nights. Suggest decent and cheap places to stay
5. Kapetta will also include edakkal caves, soochipara waterfalls, banasura hill and banasura sagar dam
6. Leave early morning for Nagarhole national park. See irupu falls, and jungle safari. Stay overnight
7. Return early morning to mysuru and then fly back to delhi.

Is this plan doable? Can I hire a self drive car and do this trip? How are the roads? Any suggestions on adding deleting stops are welcome.
Thanks

uturn

Super User
Mysore is one of the finest cities along with Indore.
Easily doable.
you can rent out car for self driving but better is take local cab & driver as you need to travel inside the Jungles & language is a big problem sometimes.
Roads are good in all three States.(Not visited recently)
Just avoid night drive.
If you are happy with Idli Dosa & coffee not to worry.
Enjoy!
@adsatinder sorry for the late replay.
@deepam may add further inputs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shadaab

Tentative plan I made is as follows
1. Delhi-mysore. Flight. Take self drive car and explore mysuru ( palace, zoo, vrindavan, any other suggestions). Stay for 2 nights.
2. Leave early morning for bandipur national park. Take tiger safari. Chethalayam falls. Any other suggestions. Stay overnight.... Suggest decent and cheap options
3. Leave early morning for mudumalai national park. See lake, dam, needle rock view point etc.... Please suggest places of interest and whethher I can take my self drive car there. Stay overnight
4. Leave early morning for Kalpetta. Trek to chembra peak, dam neelimala view point, coffee/tea plantation visit.... Any other suggestions. Stay for 2 nights. Suggest decent and cheap places to stay
5. Kapetta will also include edakkal caves, soochipara waterfalls, banasura hill and banasura sagar dam
6. Leave early morning for Nagarhole national park. See irupu falls, and jungle safari. Stay overnight
7. Return early morning to mysuru and then fly back to delhi.

Is this plan doable? Can I hire a self drive car and do this trip? How are the roads? Any suggestions on adding deleting stops are welcome.
Thanks

It will be better if u hire a car. Recently my friends had A trip they booked the car from savaari.com. the charge was 9.5rs per km.
The trip they had was bangalore airport pick up to coorg - coorg to mysore - mysore to ooty and ooty to coimbatore Airport drop.