Suggestions: Spiti Circuit with my 2 year old daughter

skysat2005

Super User
If space allows, you could carry induction cooker and suitable utensils as well since you are traveling with a baby. Limited food options at smaller places remain a question mark. Even an electric kettle can be of great help at times.

skysat2005

Super User
Rice is easily available everywhere. The only issue is, what to eat with it? :D

Having said that, a lot of cafes and good restaurants have come up all over Spiti.
For adults, there cannot be any issues but with small child, requirements are different. We faced many issues related to baby food when we travelled to Binsar, we started carrying induction cooker after that and things were very well managed.

gauravtalan

A Mile With Us
For adults, there cannot be any issues but with small child, requirements are different. We faced many issues related to baby food when we travelled to Binsar, we started carrying induction cooker after that and things were very well managed.
My daughter will turn 2 in a couple months and we have already done quite a few road trips with her (Delhi - Chaukori, Delhi - Goa, Delhi - Bikaner - Jaisalmer circuit, Delhi - Jalori - Tirthan circuit, Karnataka circuit, and a couple more). One strategy that usually works is, mix some dal, rice and water to make khichdi in a small cooker and give it to the dhaba where you are eating for a few whistles. They never refuse, albeit do it happily for the child. So you need to carry just some dal, rice and a small regular cooker with you. We plan to do the same here also.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk