Synthesizer wanted...

everyone,
my son wants to tread on the musical path.
He wants to learn the synthesizer ( casio).
Anyone has any idea about where I can pick up one at a reasonable cost?
Inputs will be highly appreciated.
Only delhi/ gurgaon please.

rgds

Salil

Super Moderator
Staff member
Will check with a friend who's into this stuff. Any budget you have thought of?

We have some shops for music instruments in Daryaganj.

They are very near to Golcha cinema. You should be able to crack a good deal out there.

tsk1979

Reclaimed and Recycled
Daryaganj is the place for musical instruments. Basically from Kashmere gate side when you head towards railway station on the road parallel to ring road, lots of shops stocking musical instruments come on both sides.

Salil

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just spoke to my friend - he's a music instructor at YMCA, Delhi.
A proper synth that has 5 octaves (61 keys) that you can play with both hands at the same time would start around 8 K. He recommends this if he plans to take up music seriously. For the budget you specified, you won't get a proper synthesizer. The ones you get in this range are the 2.5 octave keyboards. Got some more details. Guess it's too late to call you today. Speak to you tomorrow.

hello.. Khamstang ena lay.. Juley. Synthesizer and Harmonium are like keyboard and it does not come under the preview of musical Instrument so far as the Indian Classical Music is concerned and such instruments are even not allowed in the examinations as these helps a singer to sing songs of any type so these are like helping books of MBD and by using these one can not understand the Sawras and Souls of Music. Yes these are generally used in Bhajans, Gazalas and western music. The musical instruments are Flute,Sitar, Guitar, Sarond, Veena, Tabla, Dolak, Jaltarang etc. I am Sitarist of Indian Classical Music and know what is the meaning of music and its instruments. I learned 3 years and passed the examinations...Okay.. Juley....

Top Singh Bodh

Hello..Khamzang ena lay... Juley...

Let the thread go on dude. I just informed that it is not the instrument for the Indian Classical Music and if western music, film music, Bhajan, Gazal etc. are to be played than you can buy it with great pleasure.. Wish you a nice day.. Juley..

Top Singh Bodh.

Sirji, try this one. I am very satisfied with their dealings as well as their stock.

Furtados Music Store
B-14, Basement, Lajpatnagar Part-2, Delhi - 110024

Ph: 011-46105145 and 011-29814585

Landmark: Near Axix Bank

email: [email protected]

Sirji, try this one. I am very satisfied with their dealings as well as their stock.

Furtados Music Store
B-14, Basement, Lajpatnagar Part-2, Delhi - 110024

Ph: 011-46105145 and 011-29814585

Landmark: Near Axix Bank

email: [email protected]

Hello ambidextrous.. Khamzang ena lay... Juley..

I appreciate your posting but I couldn't understand your post coz I don't belong from Delhi, am a tribal man living in Himalayas. Please write some lines dude .. Juley..

Top Singh Bodh.