Taking private car(non Sikkim REGN.) to North Sikkim

skg201

Dear all,

Whoever has visited North Sikkim recently, please share the information regarding taking private vehicle to North sikkim, whether permissible ??

I will visit Sikkim in 1st week of June 2019 and am taking my Tata Nexon (petrol).

The car is in my name. However, I am not sure whether the authority gives permit to private vehicles registered out of Sikkim.

As per the official website one can take his/her vehicle to Restricted area after having valid permit.

Pl rcomment.

sajalsheth

Still Learning ©
Private bikes of outside Sikkim registration are allowed in North East.
Permission to be taken at Gangtok or Mangan,
But for cars I am not sure.

You can contact here for that:-
Phone: +91-7585985485
Phone: +91-7551027016
Hotel Hotel 100 Petals Gangtok | Best Hotels in Gangtok | MG Marg
Mr. Karma is owner is above hotel and he is avid biker.
You can contact him and ask for details regarding North Sikkim in private vehicle.
He will help you regarding permit etc also

He will surely help for your query.

Last edited:

ISO

Hi I have completed Noth and East Sikkim in my private car and got permit from Mangam and Gangtok.

Im doubtful how Nexon will perform in North Sikkim because during my visit I have seen only RWD BOF powerful diesel cars mainly Taxi. Some landslide with slush are difficult to cross even for local taxies.

Teno

Hi I have completed Noth and East Sikkim in my private car and got permit from Mangam and Gangtok.

Im doubtful how Nexon will perform in North Sikkim because during my visit I have seen only RWD BOF powerful diesel cars mainly Taxi. Some landslide with slush are difficult to cross even for local taxies.
Can you please help us with the details for getting permit of own car for North sikkim. How to go about anybody who would help us any numbers will be helpful