Taming The Raging Bull (R.E Thunderbird 350 CC Review)

Hi all,I bought my first bike,a royal Enfield Thunderbird 350 in feb'15.. Everything was fine till 2nd service..it returned a mileage of 33-37kmpl...after that I can find a steep incline in mileage...it gives 20-27kmpl depending on the speed..if I drive at 60kmph,at highways,it returns 25-27kmpl and any speed above which returns a lower mileage..complained the RE people many times and even I had sent a mail..they couldn't solve the issue. All they say is,this is the average mileage in Thunderbird 350!!! After many arguments,fights,they changed the carburetor and I got 40kmpl at 60kmph..again after driving around 150kms,the bike become as normal.. Any clues??

TBTSRIDER

Hi all,I bought my first bike,a royal Enfield Thunderbird 350 in feb'15.. Everything was fine till 2nd service..it returned a mileage of 33-37kmpl...after that I can find a steep incline in mileage...it gives 20-27kmpl depending on the speed..if I drive at 60kmph,at highways,it returns 25-27kmpl and any speed above which returns a lower mileage..complained the RE people many times and even I had sent a mail..they couldn't solve the issue. All they say is,this is the average mileage in Thunderbird 350!!! After many arguments,fights,they changed the carburetor and I got 40kmpl at 60kmph..again after driving around 150kms,the bike become as normal.. Any clues??
Hello Ponbaarathi

Check idle screw of your carburaetor. Even in my case initially i had used to get avg of 33-37 kmpl . Then i changed my silence and the mechanic fiddled around with my carburaetor settings . After this i had used to consistently get an avgof around 28-29 kmpl inspite of riding with an avg speed of 60kms/hr . Then i noticed that idling of my bike was around 1100 rpm , i reduced this to 800-900 rpm .Then after than now again i get an avg of 33-38 kmpl with an avg speed of 60kms/hr

Regards

Hello Ponbaarathi

Check idle screw of your carburaetor. Even in my case initially i had used to get avg of 33-37 kmpl . Then i changed my silence and the mechanic fiddled around with my carburaetor settings . After this i had used to consistently get an avgof around 28-29 kmpl inspite of riding with an avg speed of 60kms/hr . Then i noticed that idling of my bike was around 1100 rpm , i reduced this to 800-900 rpm .Then after than now again i get an avg of 33-38 kmpl with an avg speed of 60kms/hr

Regards
Yeah.they checked it...the idling rpm is 900-1000 in my case

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
are u sure that they have changed the carb . as it des look like the carb problem in cv carbs slides does worn out after some thousand kms and results in reduced pickup and milage other thing to check I the carb diaphragm or the rubber part it might be leaking air . also test ur bike with some new jets of same spec. keep the exhaust oe to check how thing are working.

TBTSRIDER

are u sure that they have changed the carb . as it des look like the carb problem in cv carbs slides does worn out after some thousand kms and results in reduced pickup and milage other thing to check I the carb diaphragm or the rubber part it might be leaking air . also test ur bike with some new jets of same spec. keep the exhaust oe to check how thing are working.

Helo IJS

Nice suggestions !

Reactions: IJS

TBTSRIDER

Hi Guys

After many months :) I was having this particular problem with my bike . Whenever my bike crosses 80Km/h speed ,my bike gives a slight jerk before moving on to 90km/h speed .. This happens everything whenever the speedometer needle touchs 80 km/h speed . Can anyone suggest me on this .

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Hi Guys

After many months :) I was having this particular problem with my bike . Whenever my bike crosses 80Km/h speed ,my bike gives a slight jerk before moving on to 90km/h speed .. This happens everything whenever the speedometer needle touchs 80 km/h speed . Can anyone suggest me on this .
Start with the simplest thing first get the chain slack checked it could be lil loose and also get chain lubed , second check the sporkets teeths, clutch setting could also be due to bad plates, than the gear box.
Also i remember that u were having some problems related to missing so this could also be a sign of worn out carb slide or daiphagram.

Last edited: