Taming The Raging Bull (R.E Thunderbird 350 CC Review)

Hi Guys

After many months :) I was having this particular problem with my bike . Whenever my bike crosses 80Km/h speed ,my bike gives a slight jerk before moving on to 90km/h speed .. This happens everything whenever the speedometer needle touchs 80 km/h speed . Can anyone suggest me on this .
Check spark plugs and clean n adjust plug gap. Then drain float chamber petrol.
If it doent help then clean Carb properly.

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
The Enfield's remain a mystery-to maintain.............:grin:
TBTSRIDER,sure looks like the mixture is on the lean side for high speed running-hence the transitioning stumble when you roll the throttle from 80km to the higher side-90Kmph is very high speed for a TB350

Mandar_C500

Hi Guys

After many months :) I was having this particular problem with my bike . Whenever my bike crosses 80Km/h speed ,my bike gives a slight jerk before moving on to 90km/h speed .. This happens everything whenever the speedometer needle touchs 80 km/h speed . Can anyone suggest me on this .
Did you do any changes or serviced the bike before this issue cropped-up. I had a similar issue after CARBed my bike
It was due to bad fuel quality. I faced a problem (Missed a beat and them moved ahead) when at 60 KMPH on 3rd Gear 80 KMPH on 4th Gear and 100 KMPH on 5th Gear.

Regards
Mandar

TBTSRIDER

Did you do any changes or serviced the bike before this issue cropped-up. I had a similar issue after CARBed my bike
It was due to bad fuel quality. I faced a problem (Missed a beat and them moved ahead) when at 60 KMPH on 3rd Gear 80 KMPH on 4th Gear and 100 KMPH on 5th Gear.

Regards
Mandar
Hello Mandar

No i didnt do any changes . However will show my bike to a mechanic soon .

TBTSRIDER

The Enfield's remain a mystery-to maintain.............:grin:
TBTSRIDER,sure looks like the mixture is on the lean side for high speed running-hence the transitioning stumble when you roll the throttle from 80km to the higher side-90Kmph is very high speed for a TB350
Hello Gaurav

:) Yes indeed , Enfileds are full of mistries to be solved

TBTSRIDER

Start with the simplest thing first get the chain slack checked it could be lil loose and also get chain lubed , second check the sporkets teeths, clutch setting could also be due to bad plates, than the gear box.
Also i remember that u were having some problems related to missing so this could also be a sign of worn out carb slide or daiphagram.
Hello IJS

Thanks for your inputs . I have lubricated the chain . Will check on other things as well .

:)

Reactions: IJS

TBTSRIDER

Hello Guys

Thanks you all for your inputs .
My problem of loosing speed for sometime over 80km/hr is no longer comming.
I also had one more problem with the above one . I had used to get a weird sound when the bike used to be in motion .
Whenever i had used to accelerate and leave the throttle ,i had this sound from somewhere beneath the bike .

Today i went to my mechanic .He checked the chain slack,sprockets teeth .
He told me that the sprockets teeth were fine ,and the chain had become loose.
He took his allen key and tightened some screws on the chain .

After this i rode the bike for 30kms straight and guess what my problems

a. Sound comming from bike when in motion :- Sound no longer comes .PRoblem Solved.
b. Bike loosing momentum after 80km/hr for fraction of a second :- This problem is gone too.But not sure due to what.

My mechanic told me will have to service and check the carburaetor.I will do this when i give my bike for servicing.

Once again thanks all for your help and inputs.

svj700

Super User
It appears TB 350 requires lot of maintenance ! I was deeply inclined to buy TB 350 but settled with Bajaj Avenger 220 ! Looks like good decision!

TBTSRIDER

It appears TB 350 requires lot of maintenance ! I was deeply inclined to buy TB 350 but settled with Bajaj Avenger 220 ! Looks like good decision!
Hello svj700

Its purely a personal choice as to which bike should be opted for :) .
I very well knew that Enfields are no Hondas/Yamahas/Suzukis etc .... I had throughly done my study and yet opted for enfield inspite of knowing its short comings .
And am happy to let you know that not a single day i have cursed my decision :) . I had a pulsar and a yamaha Fz 150 prior to this . But the feeling you get on a bull is different from other bikes . Not that i am over praising my TBTS :) .