Tata H5X launched as Harrier

deepam

Super User
Production-ready Tata Harrier spotted testing
Production-ready Tata Harrier spotted testing

From Carwale:
- Sales to begin in Q1 2019

- Might be priced between the Creta and the Compass

After over a year of testing their all-new SUV in parts and components, Tata has assembled the entire Harrier, thus marking the final phase of testing schedule. With production-ready headlamps, tail lamps as well as interiors and trims, the Tata Harrier is being benchmarked against the Jeep Compass.
The Tata Harrier is based on the Omega platform derived from Land Rover’s D8 platform which underpinned the Freelander and the Discovery Sport as well. Needless to say, this aluminium-infused platform is expensive. Tata has localised it to a great extent, but, with all its provisions, it would be a gargantuan task to bring the costs down to match something like a Hyundai Creta or the Nissan Terrano.

deepam

Super User
Tata Harrier undergoing the 4 Poster Test [For Suspension set up and tuning]:

4-Poster test in automotive speak is a very important test. It simulates the car being driven on bad surface for prolonged period. This helps the manufacturer tune the car’s suspension and its durability. It also helps the manufacturer tune the car’s suspension for the best possible setting depending on the road condition.

Tata Harrier is the production version of the H5X concept which was showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo. It is built on the newly developed OMEGA-ARC platform by Tata Motors. This new platform is based on the Land Rover D8 platform, which has been used in cars like Discovery Sport, Range Rover Evoque, I-Pace, etc. In total, this platform has been tested for more than 22 lakh kms, and the newest car to get this platform is Tata Harrier.

https://www.rushlane.com/tata-harrier-platform-tested-for-22-lakh-kms-12283377.html

deepam

Super User
Tata Harrier one variant [second from top] to get 17" Goodyear tyres [235/65/R17]. info per Autocar:
New Tata Harrier teaser reveals development details

So as seen in concept of 22", I do not think that will see in production. My guess is as in Jeep Compass; it is going to be 16" on Steel rim [same as Safari / Hexa] and 17" in mid and top version. Or top version may flaunt the Hexa 19" tyres.

jeetcp

Mediocre me
Smaller the rims, better. That applies for all bulky thinks.

Regardless of what dimensions this thing gets, I am so sold on Harrier. If I had the money, I would have booked it right now, not even knowing anything about it.

I am a Tata fanboy, and their efforts made of Harrier makes it even sweeter.

deepam

Super User
Tata Harrier car was easily doing 170-180 kmph [Final Test mule between Mumbai - Ahmedabad]. It has the potential to go even faster. There were a total of three adults on board the Harrier, including the driver. The Harrier seems good at handling too, the car was taking sharp turns at about 130 kmph.
Tata Harrier top speed could be over 180 kmph - Spied in production ready guise

Head lights on bumper, practically I do not know the benefit or is it going to be a pane; thanks to 2 or 3 wheelers in this country; who love to brush 4 wheeler bumpers.

deepam

Super User
Smaller the rims, better. That applies for all bulky thinks.

Regardless of what dimensions this thing gets, I am so sold on Harrier. If I had the money, I would have booked it right now, not even knowing anything about it.

I am a Tata fanboy, and their efforts made of Harrier makes it even sweeter.
++++++++++++++
Agree.
I also agree to have a higher aspect ratio tyre profile and lower diameter of 16-17".

deepam

Super User
Tata Harrier's 2.0L KRYOTEC diesel engine revealed: To get multi-drive modes

Tata Motors has just revealed the engine that will power the new Harrier SUV. Dubbed the KRYOTEC, the engine is a 2 liter-4 cylinder diesel unit sourced from Fiat. In other words, it’s the 2.0 liter Fiat Multijet engine that has been re badged by Tata Motors, and that gets specific features when used on Tata cars. The engine will feature a variable geometry turbocharger and will also feature multi-drive modes. Tata Motors has also revealed that the engine will be paired to a terrain response system, which indicates that the top-end variants of the Harrier will get an all wheel drive system. A 6 speed manual gearbox will be standard with the Harrier’s diesel engine.

Tata Harrier Kryotec diesel 2-L 4 cylinder engine officially revealed before launch