Tatapani-Chindi-Karsog: A drive to remember

Alpha

Going to Neverland
See @Yogesh Sarkar , the kind of pressure put on @Alpha to finish multiple logs at year end - such a stiff target - ek backpack ke liye admi kya nahin kar sakta.
Whatever helps clean the backlog is a good thing. After all, once the backlog of travelogues is completed, you can easily do new trips and write the log at a leisurely pace :).
unfortunately, i had just bought a new backpack for my Spiti trip.. nonetheless this has been a motivation to clear out all my back-log.. and if i happen to win the backpack somehow, i will gift it to you dada :)

mousourik

Who Am I
unfortunately, i had just bought a new backpack for my Spiti trip.. nonetheless this has been a motivation to clear out all my back-log.. and if i happen to win the backpack somehow, i will gift it to you dada :)
\\:D/:rock::-({|=:goodman::whistle:Keep on writing logs pleaseeeeeee. If you don't have time, i can help you out.

Alpha

Going to Neverland
Can you please inform the route as well as other places of interest around?Is it suitable to visit now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There will be no snow around Chindi but it will be chilly there. There are hardly any views of snow capped mountains. But its peaceful out there with very few tourists. You can take the Shimla-Mashobra-Tatapani-Chindi route which is in good condition. Chindi has a PWD guest house and a Himachal Tourism hotel which is the best stay option at Chindi-Karsog. Hotels at Karsog are very basic. Mehta Hotel is one of the neat one among them at Karsog. There are not much tourist attraction at Chindi apart from Chindi Mata temple. Also at Karsog which is about 12 kms downhill from Chindi, there are few temples to visit primarily the Mamleshwar Temple and Kamakhya Devi temple.

There is another temple by the name Mahunag temple which is a slight detour of about 12 kms on the Tatapani-Chindi route.

Also, you can head towards jalori Pass from Chindi but this is about 90 kms away from Chindi. There is a katcha route from Chindi to Shikari Devi temple but most probably it will be closed now due to snow and it will require a 4X4 vehicle to reach.

There will be no snow around Chindi but it will be chilly there. There are hardly any views of snow capped mountains. But its peaceful out there with very few tourists. You can take the Shimla-Mashobra-Tatapani-Chindi route which is in good condition. Chindi has a PWD guest house and a Himachal Tourism hotel which is the best stay option at Chindi-Karsog. Hotels at Karsog are very basic. Mehta Hotel is one of the neat one among them at Karsog. There are not much tourist attraction at Chindi apart from Chindi Mata temple. Also at Karsog which is about 12 kms downhill from Chindi, there are few temples to visit primarily the Mamleshwar Temple and Kamakhya Devi temple.

There is another temple by the name Mahunag temple which is a slight detour of about 12 kms on the Tatapani-Chindi route.

Also, you can head towards jalori Pass from Chindi but this is about 90 kms away from Chindi. There is a katcha route from Chindi to Shikari Devi temple but most probably it will be closed now due to snow and it will require a 4X4 vehicle to reach.
Thanks a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk