Taxi Drivers in Leh / Contact Numbers

kavitachoudhary89

Hello

We just completed our Ladakh trip in June 2018. I would love to share my experience with a Taxi Driver ( Rigzen Namgyal – 096222950842, 09419844285 ), from Leh. He have a 2016 model, well maintained White Innova – JK10A5562. I was looking for a driver who would pick me up from Manali and drop me off at Leh airport after the whole tour and also someone from Leh. I tried various people from the list of drivers here and finally got settled with Rigzen Namgyal. He is a very cool headed, matured and friendly person. We communicated with him over Phone and Whatsapp and he came down to Manali from Leh (Nearly 480 KM) to pick-up us, without asking for any money. We travelled with him for next 10 days and he never asked for any money. Whenever we asked him about the payment, he just replied “You can make payment at last or you can pay it once you reach to your home safely”. This kind of trustiness or behavior, I never found from any of the Taxi Driver in plain land. Due to multiple high passes, he carried Oximeter and Oxygen Cylinder in his vehicle and he never charged a single amount for that. As we 4 friends were interested with Photography, so we numerous times asked Rigzen to stop the car and we spent at least 30 minutes for each stop – but we never found any changes in his behavior. He even helped us to get good and cheap accommodations in Jispa, Hunder, Pangong and Tsomorori. Also once we reached Leh, he provided me a Local BSNL Sim – for my mobile connectivity. All kind of these facilities are provided by him without any extra charge.

Due to his co-operation, punctuality, good behavior and well maintained car– we completed our trip without any issue. The most important part of him, is his behavior and faith. As per me, if you want a good car with a good driver and with a discounted rate, then you can reach to Rigzen.

Thanks
Hrishikesh.

View attachment 750664
Hey, just for future travellers, the number mentioned is wrong. It is 09622950842. I had booked him for my trip and he was amazing.

Jayesh Dabhi

Dear Friends, We are travelling to Leh from Ahmedabad in July first week by XUV 500. We need driver who can drive our car from Leh to near by places for 7-9 days and leave us at Manali. It will be very helpful, if someone can share driver details. Regards Jayesh Dabhi 9879591142