The Bajaj Avenger 220 cc DTSi Review

RE not reliable is a is a hype, I have ridden my RE for 57K KM which includes 2 rides of 6K KM without any issue. it is also my daily commute.
just maintain it and it will not let you down.

Regards
Mandar
wanted to hear something like this from an owner,, going for classic gunmetal grey soon,, i wish RE had given, double disks in squadron blue too,, as i personally like that color scheme nonetheless going for gumetal\\:D/

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
i am planning to change the handlebar of my avvy. what are my options ??
Wanna go high-TB and Enticer handlebars.(Will entail re-routing of cables and brakeline)-I am using the Tb set up on my bike.
Wanna fly low-Bullet,Himalayan,FZ,Ktm Duke Handlebars

Wanna try non standard-"N" number from the aftermarket-mostly the RE modifiers.

Reactions: IJS

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
has anybody changed the engine oil of avvy to fully synthetic one ? which brand is the best ? whatt are he advantages ?
Try the semi synthetic first 20w50 by motul , castrol or any other brand. For a fact i never faced any issue with Bajaj dtsi during my ownership of avenger 220.
And Bajaj dtsi 10000 20w50 is also a semi synthetic oil.

Full synthetic oil provide better lubrication and an extended drain interval, but i once read somewhere that fs oil can cause clutch slippage in bikes with asbestos plates. As fs oils contains friction reducers.
You can also do a engine flush while shifting from one type of oil to other or while changing the grade. But try to stick with thw oe oil grade be it mineral, semi or full synthetic oil.
@Gaurav Chopra bhai can throw more light.
Sent from my Lenovo K8 Note using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Gaurav Chopra

has anybody changed the engine oil of avvy to fully synthetic one ? which brand is the best ? whatt are he advantages ?
No particular advantage has been pin pointed thus far as nobody i know has run FS oil repeatedly in the long run-two owners who put FS after their bikes had run 18-20k kms faced immediate clutch slip issues while accelerating two up-accepted their losses and reverted back to SS.
My bike running healthy and hearty on Valvoline SS 20w-50 since 2011.

Gaurav Chopra

After 2 sets of OEM Mrf's and almost 55oookms -Fitted Metro Street Hawk 130/90-15 tyre at the rear and 90/90 -17 Ceat Zoom F on the steering wheel .The bike is handling sweet and light-the rear's propensity for wagging its tail at the slightest hint of hard braking is much reduced-feels like money well spent .
The tyres were sourced from Narang Tyre Sales Delhi,courtesy @IJS -who is good friend's with the tyre wala.

Last edited:

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
After 2 sets of OEM Mrf's and almost 55oookms -Fitted Metro Street Hawk 130/90-15 tyre at the rear and 90/90 -17 Ceat Zoom F in the rear.The bike is handling sweet and light-the rear's propensity for wagging its tail at the slightest hint of hard braking is much reduced-feels like money well spent .
The tyres were sourced from Narang Tyre Sales Delhi,courtesy @IJS -who is good friend's with the tyre wala.
Thanks bade bhai for mentioning.

Sent from my Lenovo K8 Note using Tapatalk