The Bajaj Avenger 220 cc DTSi Review

smoothwanderer

changed the engine oil to Motul 300v fully synthetic. the engine has become smooth and sound has reduced considerably. no clutch slippage as yet as some had experienced. gourav bai the brake hose seemed very stretched on the TBD handle bar. was there any issue with it ? are there longer brake hoses suitable for avvy that can be used if the handle bar is changed to that of the RE TBD ?

Reactions: IJS

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
changed the engine oil to Motul 300v fully synthetic. the engine has become smooth and sound has reduced considerably. no clutch slippage as yet as some had experienced. gourav bai the brake hose seemed very stretched on the TBD handle bar. was there any issue with it ? are there longer brake hoses suitable for avvy that can be used if the handle bar is changed to that of the RE TBD ?
I changed to TB handlebars in2015-no problem with the brake hose-if it is routed properly outside of the Fork T and fit into the two clamps that hold it on the right fork ,I foresee no problems at all.
And awaiting your Motul 300V long term review in the A220

Reactions: IJS

smoothwanderer

changed the handlebar to that of the RE TBD. had to change the clutch cable though. the front brake hose looks very stretched, might have to replace with a longer one.

smoothwanderer

the drawbacks of the change
  1. the clamp over the handle bar is not a perfect fit and there is an ugly gap ( i had highlighted in a snap )
  2. the right rvm is awry can't adjust as the brake hose is tight and not allowing the twisting of the system.
  3. the right brake lever too is in an acute angle so grabbing it is a bit difficult. can be remedied with a longer hose.

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
the drawbacks of the change
  1. the clamp over the handle bar is not a perfect fit and there is an ugly gap ( i had highlighted in a snap )
  2. the right rvm is awry can't adjust as the brake hose is tight and not allowing the twisting of the system.
  3. the right brake lever too is in an acute angle so grabbing it is a bit difficult. can be remedied with a longer hose.
The clamp is not torqued equally-looks like the mechanic is a novice who did'nt pay attention to this job-the gap should be equal on both the inner and outer sides-this can be easily remedied-but definitely not something to loose sleep over
I have not changed either the brake cable or the brake line-just routed them differently outside the two triangular wire clamps near the speedometer.
The bike has been functioning perfectly since the May2015 change with a 1700km trip to Spiti just a few months after the change-photos of the change and routing can be found in this log on previous pages.