The Dirty Dozen "SURVIVED" Ladakh

Discussion in 'Travelogues from North India' started by hiambuj, Jul 17, 2008.

1. zack2137

zack2137 Leh'd and how!

Oh yes, the pagal nallah is now tamed by a sturdy little bridge constructed by the Army over it.

2. hiambuj

hiambuj Moderator Staff Member

It usually used to get fierce in second half of the day, when the glacier melted the most.
    But later, there is a bridge constructed & there is no such issue now.

3. asmita

asmita Active Member

Started reading this log when I suddenly realized that I had not read any of yours (Well, except for the Mauritius one which left one more unsatiated than before.

Lovely collaborative work and what an adventure! One can read any number of Ladakh logs and still feel that they are visiting the place for the first time.

Is the Adventure Club still functioning or did it disband after a time? Did the Dirty Dozen take any other trip together?

I sorely missed pictures of food consumed on the way, even though the choice was simple and light stuff. Somehow travel to me is always linked with food consumed during it.

4. hiambuj

hiambuj Moderator Staff Member

Asmita di thanks,
    The club is very much there. Many dirty dozen members joined again in trips later. You may check further logs. This was my first major recorded trip, had many learnings, including clicking food, in future trips.