The Dream Ride! Being a pillion through the mighty Ladakh on Duke 390.

Vrushali Surve

Happy pillion for life!
Thanks, I am still in 2 minds whether to transport or ride till Chandigarh.
Completely depends on time (how many days you can have in hand), rider's and pillion's readiness to sustain the ride, and the ride's objective. Honestly speaking, riding throughout is indeed tiring (and the return leg can get slightly boring, especially if the route is the same) for both. Moreover, if the ride is mainly a Ladakh ride, it's better to cut down some riding; I'm sure HvK will insist you the same. As per Rohan's and his friends' testimonials from their 2016 ride, riding all the way, especially riding back home, was both tiring and boring. Comparatively, if you guys fly till Chandigarh, you'll have more energy and enthusiasm to enjoy what you're going to enjoy—Ladakh—it will specially be better for your wife. Nevertheless, as I said, it completely depends on you guys' readiness and how much time you have.

Last edited:

Vrushali Surve

Happy pillion for life!
Hey,

1. They keep it caged in their warehouse as we pack and send it from here.
2. No, the charges are included in their total fees only. Our bike had also reached a few days before we reached.
3. We had got it packed in their warehouse here itself. I'll check with the packing charges with Rohan and get back to you.
4. Yes, we can. We had done the same. Had packed some clothes and some more stuff that we were not gonna need till we got the bike. They pack the bike with the saddle bags tied on.
Confirmed from Rohan: Transportation charges are approximately between 8 and 9ks. We got it packed from them while going, for which they charged around 500/- (we had provided a couple of old rugs extra). While coming back, we didn't get it packed; we'd got a slightly narrower cage, as we had requested at the last moment, but we ensured that it rested properly with the saddle bags tightly tied from both the sides; however, they charged 350/- for ropes and all. It was safe and sound at both the times. :)