The Dream Ride! Being a pillion through the mighty Ladakh on Duke 390.

Vrushali Surve

Happy pillion for life!
Hello Vrushali, Can you share the details of the gel pad?
Hello Vrushali, Can you share the details of the gel pad?
Hey, a friend had got the gel seat made through RedLinePlus. It's based in Pune; I have got their web link and contact no., but I'm not sure if the no. is still the same/functional. Please check: http://redlineplus.in; +91 88888 13214.

Vrushali Surve

Happy pillion for life!
Excellent start Vrushali. I love reading about preparations for the trip, the excitement, people committing to go & then back out etc. These things are no less enjoyable as the journey itself.

The exhaustive coverage with which you have started this log will make it one of the top travelogues in this forum. Congrats.
Thanks a lot, @SHEKHAR 257 !!! This is indeed a great compliment and means a lot! I'm continuing sharing rest of the chapters with you'll. :)

Vrushali Surve

Happy pillion for life!
Great Start !
Great Riders !

Please post about your luggage management on bike !
Rynox Saddle Bags were enough ?
Please post in detail for all !
Thank you so much @adsatinder !
Regarding luggage management, yes, Rynox saddle bags were quite sufficient. Nevertheless, we also had a rucksack and a tank bag, as I've mentioned in Chapter 1 above. The saddle bags and rucksack were used for carrying clothes, bike spares, footwear, some basic snacks, and water bottles. The tank bag was used for carrying all the on-the-go essentials, such as important documents, power bank, action cam, etc. Since we had gone in July, i.e., the onset of summer, 2 pairs of thermals, hand gloves, and beanie caps were sufficient for us to beat the cold, and 2 pairs of rain gears as well. The saddle bags carried the majority of this luggage.

Last edited:

Vrushali Surve

Happy pillion for life!
great ride, we (wife and I) are also planning for a similar ride in the month of september, have started the prep main worry is luggage as we are going in the onset of winters so not sure how much we will need. any ideas?
Since we had gone in July, i.e., the onset of summer, 2 pairs of thermals, hand gloves, and beanie caps were sufficient for us to beat the cold. However, you guys would need to carry some more woolen clothes / body warmers. Nonetheless, we had rain gears with us, which you might not require probably.

Since we had gone in July, i.e., the onset of summer, 2 pairs of thermals, hand gloves, and beanie caps were sufficient for us to beat the cold. However, you guys would need to carry some more woolen clothes / body warmers. Nonetheless, we had rain gears with us, which you might not require probably.
we will anyways be taking rain gear as they are a good prevention against winds... I am just not sure what would be the temperature range that we might be facing at that time. adding to it the wind chill factor.