The Gardening thread

cat

Senior Billi
Ah, of course, the gate.

google rat trap ...you might find some creative DIY trap to make. :)
Otherwise you would have to get really creative with a fence around the plant. The trap would be more fun - to make. ...Oh, and you could take photos, when you catch it. :D

bunty1608

the most effective and natural way, I think, will be to keep a cat.
Not a gr8 idea, recently stray cat bore some kittens in our garage, which is not used regularly. Those little scroundlers used to dig up our garden in the night, and who knows, Y.S. might have to keep dog to chase the cat out. Mouse trap is the best solution.

cat

Senior Billi
LoL

Very nice thread, just at right time, when I am thinking of doing some gardening
:grin: I got a surprise last night when I saw this thread. I thought, ok, this could be nice, and maybe even some nice photos of bcmt gardens, but I found it was about a rat digging a plant. I am hoping for pics of the rat, and waiting for the appearance of Anup ji and GLR. :grin:

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Not a gr8 idea, recently stray cat bore some kittens in our garage, which is not used regularly. Those little scroundlers used to dig up our garden in the night, and who knows, Y.S. might have to keep dog to chase the cat out. Mouse trap is the best solution.
You even have to watch dogs! Ours used to eat the stems of money plant! :p
:grin: I got a surprise last night when I saw this thread. I thought, ok, this could be nice, and maybe even some nice photos of bcmt gardens, but I found it was about a rat digging a plant. I am hoping for pics of the rat, and waiting for the appearance of Anup ji and GLR. :grin:
That will come soon.

oriole12

Nature Lover
On a serious note, The Month of March is a time of activity in the garden. Sowing of summer Veggies like Bhindi, Cholai, beans, etc. can be done now. Similarly propagation of potted plants like draceana, Money plant, Cholophytum, ferns, Sansiveria, etc. can also be done now. Winter flowering plants must be selected for collection of seeds. Summer flowering plants like Zinnia, Kochia, Cosmos, Portulaca, etc. can also be sown this month.
Happy and busy gardening!

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
On a serious note, The Month of March is a time of activity in the garden. Sowing of summer Veggies like Bhindi, Cholai, beans, etc. can be done now. Similarly propagation of potted plants like draceana, Money plant, Cholophytum, ferns, Sansiveria, etc. can also be done now. Winter flowering plants must be selected for collection of seeds. Summer flowering plants like Zinnia, Kochia, Cosmos, Portulaca, etc. can also be sown this month.
Happy and busy gardening!
Sir, more such tips will be greatly appreciated. Since I believe that most of the plants we have at the moment, won't last in summer.

Btw here is a photo of our humble home garden. Couple of money plants and couple of more pots aren't visible and a few have become hidden due to angle of the photograph.

home-garden.jpg