The Himalayan Ride 2017 itinerary help needed

nadz11.ns

Super User
@nadz11.ns thank you for your reply. Yes, I am gathering information and have been planning this out for quite a while now. This bike ride is just not about visiting Khardung La / Manali for us, it's the whole experience of the journey and hence we have planned to ride from Goa rather than transporting our machines. We're ready to sacrifice a few days riding to the north but the experience is what is of a higher importance to us.

I also understand that it is a year ahead but this ride means a lot to us and as we have never been to the north riding before planning is a necessity.

I'm very close on putting together a draft version of my itinerary based on my research for the past several months. I'll post it here once ready for your expert opinions on it.

Thanks you again :)
Nice that you guys are determined. Still, first make a itineary with which you are comfortable and then we can fine tune it and give our suggestions.
Also, do some rides around ghats/hilly areas for practice.

But riding through Rajastha in June :eek: haha..

Joystan

Nice that you guys are determined. Still, first make a itineary with which you are comfortable and then we can fine tune it and give our suggestions.
Also, do some rides around ghats/hilly areas for practice.

But riding through Rajastha in June :eek: haha..
@nadz11.ns Yes I'm on the itinerary.
We ride quite often in the western ghats and have some off roading adventures at times. The only thing we've not experienced yet is the desert. That's the major hurdle as for now. :cool:

I'll keep you posted :)

narender

DRIFTER
Can you ride till Mumbai in a day??
Or Can you reach Delhi in 3/4 days via Mumbai-Udaipur??
Asking because,not aware of distance and places in Western India.
A full proof itinerary can be prepared ex Delhi if you can reach Delhi on your own.

Joystan

Can you ride till Mumbai in a day??
Or Can you reach Delhi in 3/4 days via Mumbai-Udaipur??
Asking because,not aware of distance and places in Western India.
A full proof itinerary can be prepared ex Delhi if you can reach Delhi on your own.
HI @narender,
Yes, reaching Delhi in 3 and a half days is our plan as for now. I will need help more with the further destinations. If you can help me with that would be great!